pa50 seal size

Salsa Salsa /

i looked throu the wiki, and could not find the size. but i did find 15x25.5x7 mm from a 2006 thread. can anyone confirm this size for a hobit crank seal?

also, how far should you tap them in to the case?

thanks in advance

Re: pa50 seal size

That stator plate... does the work on the ignition side and the vario side. I make it flush with the case.

Salsa Salsa /

awsome thanks. any confimation on seal size?

Salsa Salsa /

also, anyone has a source for a case gasket? treats if out, and 1977's site is down.

Salsa Salsa /

are these seals proprietary? i cant find any at a bearing company. they only have 25mm no 25.5. i will order them if i have to, but if i can get them locally it might be faster.

you can't get them no where.

you must have them made or found over seas.

It is not a common seal.

you wasting time.. btw looking for them. imo

Salsa Salsa /

I take it they are proprietary. Thanks. Ill hit up treat, 1977 or honda.

Salsa Salsa /

Side note. Has anyone just reemed out the bore to 26mm? Seems like the common sense thing to do.

Corn, any honda shop or motorcycle dealer can get these in 3-4 days and their only about 3.45 apiece.

Heres the part number

That is a single lip seal.

I would go with the af ones and its doublel lip seal!

77's is dl!

I think treats has them also in dl.

I "had" some seals in viton for the usa version cranks.. single and double. (edited)

Ed is right on the seal lips. I never noticed this about the OEM and the Treat supplied seals. The OEM Honda seal is at the rear and the AM to the front.

The arrow shows the AM seal has an extra rubber ring built onto it, maybe to help keep road rash off the inner ring.

Nice.

Salsa Salsa /

i found a bunch of interesting charts and photos. its all about the double lip or dust shield.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account