SACHS COIL !!!!!!!!

I REALLY REALLY NEED A COILD FOR A !(*) SACHS MOPED CAN ANYONE HELP OR TELL ME HOW TO FIX MY OLD ONE PLEASE!!!!!!

Re: SACHS COIL !!!!!!!!

by "!(*)" do you mean "1980" with the shift button held down?

either way, try www.mopedjunkyard.com.. they should be able to hook you up with a new one.

casey

haha yeah 1980 my bad, but does anyone know how to fix them????!?!?!?!

Do you have any buddies around with another ped that is working? Sometimes you can temporarily swap a six volt coil from another bike in order to verify that your coil is in fact defective. As long as you can get he wiring hooked up properly you can crank it and see if you get spark. If you do, you have a bad coil, if you don't it could be wiring or magneto. Then you can swap your buddies coil back to his bike.

Coils cost about $40 and a lot of times it isn't really a bad coil.

Does your coil have alot of rust on the outside of the laminated layers of metal?

Mike (MA) /

Maynrd,

Handy Bikes in Ohio (www.handybikes.com) probably has the most SAchs stuff, and it's the cheapest. They were the US distributor for the Sachs line.

One suggestion, close the gap on your sparkplug a little more just to make sure you have spark. I had no spark this past weekend, and closing the plug gap allowed the plug to arc.

-Mike (MA)

OK, i just dropped the engine off of my 1980 sach, and theres this maetal case over the coil and i cant ge3t to the damn thing i dont want to bend it, does anyone know where im coming from?

thanks guys/girls

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account