electric

Brett /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,

Gotta say, I love the site. Anarchist and bikes seem to go together. I found the site looking at moped law, damn but it not consistent state to state. I work for a company in oregon, we make an electric off-road bike. Top speed is 33 mph, gets there in about 4 seconds.

It isn't a moped (no pedals) but most state laws call it one. It is a bastard making compleatly new vehicles comply with old curmugony laws. I'll stop whining(it does no good anyway), yell if ya like our bikes. Hey, how does the man feel about top speeds over 30mph, it seems almost every state I've checked 30 is the limit for mopeds. When your bike is faster than that, do you have to comply with motorcycle regs? Seems if it LOOKS like a tiny bike no one cares. It sounds like at least some mopeds out there go better than 35mph. I'd love to hear that people get away with it. I've been stopped a couple times, the cops don't know quite what to do.

Thanks

Brett

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  electricTopic by: Brett Brett 08/16/00 09:53PM
  addressRe: Brett Brett 08/16/00 09:59PM
  RE: addressRe: dan dan 08/17/00 02:03AM
  RE: addressRe: Fred Fred 08/17/00 04:15AM
  RE: addressRe: Brett Brett 08/17/00 05:18PM
  RE: electricRe: Ivo Ivo 08/17/00 06:58PM
  RE: electricRe: Simon King Simon King 08/23/00 04:29PM
  RE: electricRe: Brett Brett 08/25/00 02:56PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account