Bad ideas

We've discussed some of these before, maybe new ideas have popped up.

1. What is the best method for making a smokescreen (with an on/off switch--- I'm thinking a small oil tank with a petcock that drains into the header pipe...but the pressure might not let the oil flow in, and it might not be hot enough. Of course, a smokescreen would be for "off road use only"

2. Forced Backfire. Is there any way to force your machine to make a big bang? Kind of a neat trick if there's a big crowd. My NC 50 used to do it if I turned it off, then on, while going full throttle. Would be nice if you could do it 'on command' .

3. Fire from the exhaust pipe. Can this be done? How? Is it a big flame?

Please post more infomation--!

Re: Bad ideas

Ive seen fire from the pipe before, very cool. the setup i saw was a spark plug and a gas line into the pipe the gas line pumped raw fuel into the pipe then the spark plug lit it

WHOOOOOOSH! i wouldent mess with the smoke screen thing, that would your bike very enviormently dangerous but i have 3 mopeds and if someone wouldent mind i would like to know how to do that and tha backfire thanks guys

you could make a device that dumped a little gas into the begging ing of the exhaust pipe. which the hot exhaust gasses might combust it.

yeah. but wouldnt that also combust your moped?? and maybe your leg?

casey

Matt Wilson /

I had a leak in my carburator on a ped and the gas was dripping out onto the exhaust pipe. The pipe's outside wasn't hot enough to light the gas, so I think you would need a spark plug.

Here's how I envision it: Connect a seperate battery (You were the one talking about gel cells right?) to a switch on your handlebars and then to a spark plug inside your pipe. (But would the wires leading to the plug get too hot?)

Get an oil resevoir sized tank or a small auxiliary gas tank that goes into a small hole in the exhaust. Then have a switch to turn on the gas.

Get the gas dripping for a few seconds and then turn on the spark plug.

well, the 50's kustom kar guys used to do the flame thrower trick by setting their carbs really rich, using straight pipes, and a coil hooked to a spark plug on the end of the tailpipe. They rev a few times then flick the switch and woosh- flames. it's really illegal, and there is only one car show where they let them do it, But DAMN there is something soo cool about a chopped, channelled and sectioned 50 Merc. with flames coming out the back. E-vile I gotta tell ya.

Search around for some of the old "kustom" stuff, there has to be some resources somewhere.

1. get a used windshield washer box with pump (will need auxillary battery power), but you have to pump brake fluid into the exhaust not gas, using a nipple that enters the front of the exhaust with the flow..dont turn it on with a car behind you because the unburned fluid that blows out will eat the paint off the car (generally pissing off said car owner)

2.making a 2 stroke backfire involves timing (going slower)and is very bad for compression and reed valves.....forget it!

3 you can splice a coil wire and sparkplug wire to a plug a few inches from the end of the exhaust, Mbartell was right in how its done...however igniting a 2stoke mix is going to be more difficult,,(you could try and pump in alcohol) and there is an added danger of the exhaust exploding under your leg and gas tank as opposed to being under a 50 merc! But it really is cool!!

So Wayne, you will have the baddest ped in town or or go out in a blaze of glory or at least a blaze anyway...be careful RogWayne wrote:

>

> We've discussed some of these before, maybe new ideas have

> popped up.

>

> 1. What is the best method for making a smokescreen (with an

> on/off switch--- I'm thinking a small oil tank with a petcock

> that drains into the header pipe...but the pressure might not

> let the oil flow in, and it might not be hot enough. Of

> course, a smokescreen would be for "off road use only"

>

>

> 2. Forced Backfire. Is there any way to force your machine to

> make a big bang? Kind of a neat trick if there's a big crowd.

> My NC 50 used to do it if I turned it off, then on, while

> going full throttle. Would be nice if you could do it 'on

> command' .

>

>

> 3. Fire from the exhaust pipe. Can this be done? How? Is it a

> big flame?

>

>

> Please post more infomation--!

1. get a used windshield washer box with pump (will need auxillary battery power), but you have to pump brake fluid into the exhaust not gas, using a nipple that enters the front of the exhaust with the flow..dont turn it on with a car behind you because the unburned fluid that blows out will eat the paint off the car (generally pissing off said car owner)

2.making a 2 stroke backfire involves timing (going slower)and is very bad for compression and reed valves.....forget it!

3 you can splice a coil wire and sparkplug wire to a plug a few inches from the end of the exhaust, Mbartell was right in how its done...however igniting a 2stoke mix is going to be more difficult,,(you could try and pump in alcohol) and there is an added danger of the exhaust exploding under your leg and gas tank as opposed to being under a 50 merc! But it really is cool!!

So Wayne, you will have the baddest ped in town or or go out in a blaze of glory or at least a blaze anyway...be careful RogWayne wrote:

>

> We've discussed some of these before, maybe new ideas have

> popped up.

>

> 1. What is the best method for making a smokescreen (with an

> on/off switch--- I'm thinking a small oil tank with a petcock

> that drains into the header pipe...but the pressure might not

> let the oil flow in, and it might not be hot enough. Of

> course, a smokescreen would be for "off road use only"

>

>

> 2. Forced Backfire. Is there any way to force your machine to

> make a big bang? Kind of a neat trick if there's a big crowd.

> My NC 50 used to do it if I turned it off, then on, while

> going full throttle. Would be nice if you could do it 'on

> command' .

>

>

> 3. Fire from the exhaust pipe. Can this be done? How? Is it a

> big flame?

>

>

> Please post more infomation--!

The windshield washer and pump is great--- even if you don't use it for a smokescreen---- just being able to squirt stuff at people from your moped.....that amuses me.

Re: Bad ideas w/pics

http://www.corpcomm.net/~cjhacker/pics/flames/LesFlame.jpg donno if a moped could do this but damn.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account