my qt 50 its slow

mike hartel /

it go's 20 tops i cleaned the carb 3 times new main jet spark plug and cap.i took the air box off it went 24 for like 2 hours then to day it does 18 this sucks its so slow that its not safe. HELP PLEASE

Re: my qt 50 its slow

maybe your mix is wrong?

Re: my qt 50 its slow

I think Fred said a long time ago that there were QT 50s that were made to be slow,Mike!Check the search feature for QT50 and see.

QT answers

Let me see.....

Does it bog down when wide open? Try putting high octane in the fuel tank. Check your muffler. Also, I cut out the square intake and made it just flat. Helped. Check your spark plug. Your QT should hit around 25. Check your throttle linkage on the carb. slide, sometimes they slip and will choke. Speaking of choke, check your choke cable and make sure it's not stuck in full choke position. I mean, the thumb switch might be set on no choke, but the cable might be stuck.

try that.

Re: QT answers

mike hartel /

yeehaa it go's 25 is that right? i mean its speed racer so it cant be to far off. it was the exhausts port it had about a 1/2 inch of carbon on it. it fells like it can go faster but down hill at 30 in winter with no rear brakes is skety :)

Re: QT answers

That's cool, you got it fixed. Mine will top out about 25 to 28 on a day with no wind here in Ok-ra-homa. Got an extra bit of juice when I cut the air intake lip off and made it straight, instead of sucking air from underneath. Also, check your air filter. They are pretty thin on the QT50 and don't take much to clog them up. Take the filter off and see if you pick up some more speed. If so, then it's dirty.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account