It should happen to you!

Well,I got a pleasant surprise from my wife last night concerning mopeds.A coupla' nights ago I had stayed up working on my Sebring(new tranny parts,60cc kit installed,etc.) `til pretty late and I don't know whether she felt sorry for me or what,but last night she said:`Don,I want you to sell those mopeds and buy a new one.'Well,hiding my glee as best I could,I said;`Honey,I'd have to have 2 new mopeds.One for riding and one for `back-up' and for you to ride.'Pretty slick,EH!Ha!(She thinks if I have new mopeds,I won't be tinkering on them all the time.WRONG!...Now how many of you guys would like to be in this `win,win' situation?Ain't moped life great? (:^)

Re: It should happen to you!

im totally jealous don. i wish my wife was as swell as yours. lol.best to ya..........

Thanks,Paul! Keep working on her!It probably took me a hundred or so hours in the garage to break her!Ha! (:^)

so ... if you get new mopeds ... are you old ones up for sale? ;-)

That's the condition she quoted;NOW the bargaining begins!It will be a long time,because I see nothing dependable out there right now,or very little except the TOMOS Revival I saw at Akron Moped.I still can't hardly believe it's a moped in Ohio!It's tricked out,Man!

Very clever Don! However, to truly impress us your next step would be to get the new mopeds AND keep your old ones. You know, try the "investing in a couple of classics for our future" pitch. C'mon, rise to the occasion!

I WISH,Steve! But the `rise' would be on top of my head!She knows me too well to fall for that.I've never had a licensed machine that I didn't run the heck out of.That would be impressive,though!I'll tell you what;You get 11 mopeds and then try that on YOUR wife,if you're married,and let me know how it turns out if you can still walk when it's over! HaHa! I think I better leave well enough alone for now.(:^)

Yeah don, I want one! Miguel and I have first dibs! :)

Okay,Crisis! But I may just hide `em and let her think I sold `em.HeHe!Then just sneak `em into the basement one by one.Boy,if I got caught though!Whew!

Don

Gee you guys never get it. As long as you have been married and you still haven't learned to interpret "wife speak"

Let me interpret for you. What she really said was, "you are spending too much time working on those danged old mopeds and I have a long Honey Do list in my head that you don't know about, that i want you to do, so get rid of that stuff" or

"you are not spending enough time with me and the kids" or

"you have found a way to ignore me and i need more attention" or

anyway you look at it , you lose.

But good luck with your mopeds but I think you better take momma out to dinner and a movie or her fav thing.

My 2 cents

" i may be wrong, I usaully am, because I'm good at it"

I think you're right,Bob!On ALL counts!I'll take it into consideration,a little.But if she says it,she usually won't crawfish on it.I been married to her for 28 yrs.,and I figured that might be it,but I ain't looking a `gift horse' in the mouth.As Earnest P. Worrell would say:`Know what I mean,Vern!' (:^)

Yeah, don't buy any new India made bikes like my Avanti, until they get their act together and start supplying us with parts....christ, I've had my muffler bubble-gummed and taped for two months now waiting for a replacement.

My wife feels kind of guilty now... I first started riding mopeds and used the excuse that she could use the family car more often...now she sees me farting around trying to constantly patch up an India moped and drive it 30 miles to work each day.... I grumble when she's around watching me fix it but I'd rather ride a bike any day then a car,except on ice.

She's now urging me to get a better bike....like a Yamaha scooter we see a couple of miles from here at a dealership...

I may take her up on it....but little does she know,haha...I like mopeds,and I won't get rid of it , even if it does break itself all the time...and even if I buy a scooter I am determined to keep the moped running and to fix it up correctly.... I live to swarm and destroy :)

Don't buy a snail Jimmy! Get somethin' cool like the Tomos Revival or maybe if you're abandoning mopeds get a MC.Since Handy Bikes is under new ownership,and they sell India made Hero-Majestics,I wonder if they might be able to get you some parts.

Na, the Tomos Revival looks cool but $1700 for not much more then 2 hp is not worth that kind of money..guess you're paying for chrome on that bike.

Motorcycles are out for me.... had enough stick shift cars in my life....no more gears for me from now on. I live in the city, I need something that I can fit down my tiny alley , motorcycles are too big,can't fit them into the safety of my back yard...if I left a motorcycle on the street at night it'd be vandalized... so it's mopeds and scoots for me I'm afraid.

It's like Reep says...you sometimes need a few different bikes for different purposes. I'll always keep a moped running , especially for short runs...their lightness and gas economy can't be beat by anything else.Scooters are perfect for inner city driving.... acceleration at a redlight is unbelievable,you can beat all the cages....and the auto transmission makes it great for the bumper to bumper commute home. No, I don't see any reason for a moped lover to put a scooter down,they're both a great way to beat the dominence of the cages. You can swarm and destroy with both of them,scoots and mopeds...two versions of the same thing really.

To each his own,Jimmy!But before you'd see me get on a scoot,it'd be a small motorcycle.Good take-off power without the (in my opinion)lack of good looks.Keep your small wheels,I say.Long-live the top-tank Moped!Hip-Hip,Hooray!(:^)

Don,

You really know how to "rub salt" don`t ya??!! lol!!

Yeah,Ike,I was gifted that way!LOL!But you know I'm just defending my beloved `peds and defending their sleek designs against those who would try to introduce the `unholy snail' to our pristine forum.BaHaHaHaHaaa!! (:^)

Ha, Don, you ole con-artist ...living a double life

Now explain to everyone all those postings you put on the alt.scooter newsgroup list ?

Ok, you're just helping out those poor, misguided snail owners, huh ? Or do you have a snail in your closet ?

Sorry, I've been affected by the animal activists I guess... I save the whales..I save the snails... everytime I see one I roll it back into the water :0 :) :P

Now wait a minute,Jimmy,`til I get back up off the floor and get my breath back.Whales...snails..Hahaha!I always tell those poor misguided misfits that I'm a moped owner,NOT a `snail' lover.But,yeah,they need help just as nmuch as we mopeders do...........mentally ESPECIALLY!!LOL! Now you DID notice I don't get on there and `put down' their scoots,didn't you?AND I don't try to convert them to a BETTER WAY,MOPEDING!! Animal Activists.....so you're an active animal? (:^P

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account