Yamaha F5 - what year?

We've had this Yamaha F5 in the basement for 30+ years, it came from a relative who passed away. Anybody know what year it is? I'm guessing about a 1960. Full serial number is F5-505762. Any information would be helpful.

It is probably time to find it a better home.

Yamaha F5-1.JPG
Yamaha F5-2.JPG
Yamaha F5-3.JPG

Re: Yamaha F5 - what year?

No id plate by the serial#? Cool looking bike, do you have the seat? Looks like it was wrecked once...would be a fun resto. Wish I could help more.

No ID plate, we have the seat around someplace (maybe). The front fender is busted and the footpegs are bent but the rest is actually decent shape. The motor turns over but we never had it running. Dad got it from my uncle who bought it new. It would be a fun project but I have too many.

it's around 1964. I can tell by the engine and the fact that it still has the old style forks. I have a yj1 which shares a lot of very similar qualities to this.

I think it may be a 63 or earlier. It doesn't look a oil injected model and I think that started in 64?

It is oil injected so it sounds like '64 is pretty close. I really appreciate the help.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account