Is it possible?

John Haberkorn /

Is it possible to install a starter on a moped like is found on a lawn mower?

Re: Is it possible?

like a pull chord?

I'm thinking you probably mean like an electric start...pushbutton or key operated? It would require a battery and some type of starter that would disengage when the engine started. I sure don't know enough about it to say but surely there would be something available or easy enough to retrofit.

You may be able to adapt one from a scooter, but you'd have a lot of fabricating to do.

I'm just wondering why nobody has done a do it yourself turn signal kit for mopeds. isn't it just a switch, battery, flasher, and lights? It shouldn't be too hard, right?

I mean a pull chord starter.

Try a motorcycle store for a turn signal kit.

Yep

Reeperette /

Yes.

I have seen it done on an old Tomos Bullet.

An older fellow I knew didn't have the leg strength and speed to kickstart it, due to arthritis, and his son somehow mounted the recoil-cord starter from a lawnmower, I believe.

Couldn't tell ya how they did it, right offhand, since I didn't get to watch him rig that, but yes - it is possible, and according to the son, not even all that difficult, at least on a Tomos.

-R

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account