can anyone in Connecticut hook me up with a notarized bill of sale?

I got a sweet Garelli off of craigs with no title. It was never titled so I need a notarized bill of sale from a no title state to get it registered. Can anyone help me out?$$$

Re: can anyone in Connecticut hook me up with a notarized bill of sale?

i'm not sure if the bill of sale needs to be notarized in the no-title state or if the seller just needs to be from the state and I could have it notarized in NJ and say that we signed the bill of sale in NJ.

Email me. I will have to wink the VIN to make sure it wasn't ever stolen, but if that comes up clear I am next door in Mass., no titles.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

It's best to get it notarized in the no-title state. If you notarize it in NJ, the DMV will be suspicious and probably not give you a title. I know the NJ DMV/MVC inside and out when it comes to mopeds.

Any notary who would notarize a document illegally is a really bad person.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

whats the best way to check the VIN ,just bring the # to the cop shop? or is there a better way? I think I'll be in the same boat pretty soon.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

In NJ, you need to do a title search to find out if there were any past titled owners. The police can only tell you if it was stolen, and nothing about past titled owners.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account