Re: My Liquid Cooled Peugeot TSM

larry, ride to sacramento with me. also, leslie's will blast you.

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

i briefly ran a 24 oko but the intake had to be so long that the vibrations turned the fuel into foam.

Joey - I'm down for putting the bikes in my Honda Element and driving there if you're cool with it. And Leslie will try to blast me...we'll see. I've done some things to this engine internally with the Doppler crank and cases that I have still yet to test out.

Clay - the foamy bubbles of gasoline sound good in the bathtub, but not the engine.

I still want to make a long velocity stack through metal spinning that will increase my intake velocity but not hit the frame. And to find a K&N filter that will fit over all of that and back onto the carb is proving to be an issue. If the carb was bigger...it would be done already. Back onto the K&N website for me.

Whichever way you decide to construct it Larry, you're welcome to slap in on my set up to see if it will work on the boxed swing arm.

Mustachio

nice job.

tsm race, godda dust off the OG tsm and show you fools how to party.

also the ones on the west coast weren't bought by chris moped whorehouse so they are already faster.

Noah Love Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> also the ones on the west coast weren't bought by

> chris moped whorehouse so they are already faster.

wheres the like button on this new fangled website contraption..

^like

you do it like that...

have you guys seen mr. wizard nazaroff's tricky TM24 intake setup? its on his flickr.. looks like the same way the frenchies do it. Pretty easy if you have access to some machine shopness.

all these TSMs are making my pants tight(er). please make this TSM race a reality in sacramento!

duel variate!

nice build btw

Graham Motzing Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ^like

>

> you do it like that...

>

> have you guys seen mr. wizard nazaroff's tricky

> TM24 intake setup? its on his flickr.. looks like

> the same way the frenchies do it. Pretty easy if

> you have access to some machine shopness.

LYNKS PLZ.

NAZ

Thanks for posting that. It makes me want to throw my variotop onto the lathe tomorrow and lighten that bitch!

I was thinking of maybe tackling dual variating the TSM...but I'm saving most of the real tinkering for my Derbi flatreed race bike.

I've been brewing and slowly making this custom frame with help from my friend for almost a year. Another friend made me a full carbon fiber tank, seat, and fairing. It's going to be powered by liquid cooled Derbi flatreed motor.

Here's a sneak peak of it over this past winter with my friend on it as a sense of scale.

^ Fuck yea

carbon fiber! baller status

campeona del mundo /

aghhhhh such a beautiful build!

So beautiful. I can see why this is a "dream bike."

Don't know if somebody else mentioned this, but I'd replace the needle bearings in the Doppler Clutch pulley with stock ones or better ones. They fuck up a lot.

BEAUTIFUL DREAM BIKE SIR.

DO WANT.

Peugeots rock

hey i just pulled this up again to mobone a little bit and look at it closer not at work.

first of all, where did you find springs for stock puegeot forks? i would love to re-spring some magnum forks for a lighter bike

second of all.. the rear shocks, hagons? not famiiliar with these are they $$pendy?

third, thermosyphon looks cool, it seems like a lot of europeans use it successfully. Maybe some pre-bent radiator/heater hose pieces would get your plumbing tucked in better for more efficient flow. you could also hook up an electric fan for stuck in traffic situations.

fourth. cant wait to see details on this race bike

fiiiiivth.. you work on vintage gp bikes for a living, can i please borrow your life?

thermosyphon works fine as long as the radiator is close to the cylinder.

Fish tits Krauthamer /

if you are going to bother making an intake just make one that takes the carb outside. you wont kick it.

WHOA!

That is beautiful.

Hey Graham - the inner springs for the forks, I thought were from a set of CR80 forks, but after looking around my apartment...they're not. Since I still have them sitting around. Which means that the springs are from a mid 70's MV Agusta 125cc. Which subsequently means that they're small diameter vintage Ceriani springs. I wish more mopeders would embrace the quality parts like Ceriani and Marzocchi forks and Works rear shocks. They really do make a world of difference, but I guess it doesn't really matter when the bikes only top out at 55-60.

Second - Hagon is a rear shock company that makes custom shocks to your spec. I try to use Works Performance if I can, cause they build it to my weight, riding style, the bike, length, where the bike is being ridden, and it's all adjustable and usually have dual spring rates. Hagon does kinda the same thing, but much cheaper at only $300-$400 a pair instead of the $900 for the Works. If you've never rode a set of springs and properly setup front forks for your weight and style before...do it at least once on a bike that you really love...you will not believe the difference in the bike.

Thermosiphon looks like it's working just fine...actually, more than fine since it's building up such good pressure from the heat cycling, but for sitting around in new york traffic a lot, I kinda want to run a pump to be completely anal and fail safe...to a certain degree. I want to look into making the pump cog driven instead of belt. I need to do some match out with the gearing ratios though with that.

The Derbi race bike is coming along. I'm actually working on it a bit tomorrow morning doing some stress tests on the frame and bracing and gusseting more wherever it needs it.

Seth - Where the carb would come out...I definitely would hit it. You remember how big that flatslide looked when I shoved it onto the phbg intake...and to have it swing out and sit relatively level with a velocity stack and air filter...it'll be the most annoying thing for me. If I have to start hacking the subframe to make it fit...I will. We'll see....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account