Bike Bandit and Dennis Kirk

After the insanity of trying to buy 2.25 X 14” Kendas, on close out, from Bike Bandit (these guys will put you in the nut house), I stumbles on to Dennis Kirk’s website. I bought a pair of IRT NR77 60/90 X 14” with heavy duty tubes for $61.95 delivered. These are metric replacements for the 2.25 X 14” and look like a bike tire should. These tires have a P speed rating (93mph), although I doubt my Honda Express actually requires that, but it’s good to know anyway. After the experience with Bike Bandit, it was refreshing to deal with real professionals.

Re: Bike Bandit and Dennis Kirk

bike bandit is slow but they did get me what I ordered, how fast did the Dennis Kirk take to process and ship?

Motorcycle Superstore is my favorite, free ship over $89, $6.99 flat fee for under $89. Fast ship and a discount coupon with every order.

They are having a tire sale now!

Check out clearance items also, some are giveaway priced.

I agree about Bike Bandit, their shipping cost was insane several years ago when I used them, haven't been back since.

Greg V Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> bike bandit is slow but they did get me what I

> ordered, how fast did the Dennis Kirk take to

> process and ship?

Dennis Kirk shipped same day I ordered, 5 day later (today), I got the tires; might have been quicker since its Monday.

i bought a mikuni VM20 from bike bandit when treats was out. theirs was cheaper, shipping wasn't too bad, and it was here is less than a week. (edited)

Bike Bandit just shipped me 2 17" gazelles, 4 tubes, 4 scooter tires, some carb parts, and 2 sets of brakes for $15 shipping so I don't think shipping is that bad

I buy helmets on closeout from DK every year. Great online mega-store.

Because of this thread I re-visited Dennis Kirk and I'm impressed. My bad experience was 1993, still have the receipt! At that time two tires and tubes for a R75/5 cost me $137.63 and freight was $36.85

At the time I was pissed and started dealing with other vendors.

I wish I could buy them today for that, even including freight.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account