diy fork stabilizer advice needed

Looking to make a fork stabilizer similar to the one shown below with my new flux gun.

My forks are the EBR prototypes, which are a little goofy, as you can see. How could I weld it up if the tabs have to fit these screws (below)? I basically have to make a weld after the tabs are already bolted to the forks, right?

Re: diy fork stabilizer advice needed

nah man why would you have to weld it while it's bolted up? i have these same forks and was gonna make a brace for them like that before i just made a fender instead. anyways if i was gonna do i would first just make the U part, then make the tabs. mock it up make sure it all lines up and everything then just weld the mounting tabs onto the U ya know?

Right blake, but you have to have the tabs already bolted on and then weld the U brace on, right? because otherwise there is no way to get both sides of the fork mounting bolts into the stabilizer tabs (because the brace doesn't bend)

oh yeah of course, now i see what you meant... welll in that case i would probably just forget about those screws altogether and maybe just weld the u brace directly to the fork tubes. then to disassemble the forks you would have to slide the fork tubes out of the triple trees which wouldn't really be that big of a deal i don't think. i don't know though man. here's what i did with mine, it was really easy.

Is your fender just a trimmed stock fender with new drill holes for the fork's brace screws?

yeah stock fender with both ends shortened, gotta shorten the mounting leg things too and drill new holes. bolted onto those retarded screws.

it works just as well as any other fork brace would too, if your okay with having a fender...

Also, did you put washers or something on your axel to prevent the wheel from tilting while you tighten its bolts?

hmm no i haven't had that problem

you can squeeze the brace enough to get it on there. That's what we did for the moped pictured at the top

Patrick Baltard /

Has anyone had any luck with the fork braces from treats?

These!

I have some Puch EBRs and need a brace, and debating buying these vs fabricating my own.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account