95 tomos a35

DAM' Fairchild /

so i have been reading up on my bike about some of the mods that can be done,clutches, etc.the one thing i havent read much about is the factory tomos cdi in a 95.i have kitted my bike ,and at about 40-45mph, it cuts out and falls on its face.im not sure but i believe it could be losing spark during acceleration. it has plenty of torque when it does cut out.if this is some type of rev limiter is there a way to remove it?anyone else have this problem?

Re: 95 tomos a35

Eoban Binder /

If you're going 40-45 you are totally not hitting the Tomos CDI rev limit unless you have insanely low gearing. Tomos people swap their CDI for Treats's ZA50 CDI which has no rev limit, but honestly you're talking about 60mph+ bikes.

What's actually more likely is you're running lean or something of that nature and you need to adjust your carb.

Re: 95 tomos a35

DAM' Fairchild /

no, i have tryed many jets and two different carbs.no air leaks, im thinkn its something with the cdi.i have stock gearing.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account