25 moby

Nathaniel Almeida /

Hey, my friend has the 25mph 50v. We switched out the gurtner with a 14 14 sha but it's still very slow. I was wondering if the 25mph edition has a restricted exhaust and if it can be derestricted. Thanks!

Re: 25 moby

Andrew Squiggman /

new belt?

Nathaniel Almeida /

Its a brand new belt and it doesn't slip.

Check your timing.

Nathaniel Almeida /

ya it almost seems to backfire a bit when it starts so i think it could be the timing

Stefan Didizian /

if its a horshoe exhaust, you can remove the end cap and open up the holes in the exhaust. it will help a little... check ur timing and get a new rear sprocket and a variator.

www.mabecanemobylette.com explains the differences in 20, 25 and 30mph models. Restriction is done via port size, and carb/intake type, there are a. b and c jugs. As long as exhaust is not plugged up it should not be an issue.

Yeah, what Stephen said. Adding a larger carburetor to the 25mph cylinder wont do much, due to the sizes of the ports. You need to open up the port windows to let it breathe better. Stock exhaust is fine. There is no restrictor. Check the wiki for info on how to port it. Also make sure the existing exhaust isn't clogged.

Nathaniel Almeida /

ya ill see if i can find a port map for it. thanks!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account