Grande .pdf ?

William Absent /

Greetings, all.

I have been unsuccessful in my search to find a free Grande .pdf , but I 've seen references to them.

I just picked a Grande up last weekend, and I'm getting together with a moped club Sunday to work on it. A manual would be very helpful.

Thanks for any help,

William

Re: Grande .pdf ?

the MRA site has the service manual for the ciao/bravo/si, and the assembly instructions for the grande. this should be more than enough to work on your bike. the engines are the same. there may be some slight differences in electrix, but ther's enough info contained within the aforementioned to pull it off.

From what I can tell, there was never a Grande specific manual. I have the factory manual with additional updates, the Haynes manual, and a few other service papers for the Ciao, Bravo, Si, Boxer from 67-85 and none have any mention of the Grande. I would love to find one.

Is it true the grande was a US only model for 78-82?

William Absent /

Oops, I meant the Haynes manual PDF! Sorry.

William Absent /

Oops, I meant the Haynes manual PDF! Sorry.

Ok, I just looked through the list of Vespa publications they made as of 1978, there wasn't a manual for the Grande, just an amendment to the Ciao/Bravo/Si manual, part #171711. I need this too!

William Absent /

Look, if someone comes through with the old Haynes manual .pdf, I will put it on my freakin' website for people to download.

I'll leave it there until Haynes sues me, and that will solve this problem right quick.

I have PDFs of the MRA manuals that I'll link here when I get home. I know where a paper copy of a Vespa Haynes manual is, and I almost scanned it, but because it was a bound book, it would be realllllly hard to get good scans. It's also quite long, and it would take a long time to scan.

i]Is it true the grande was a US only model for 78-82?[/i]

under the vespa name, yes. the bike is actually a gilera CBA (note the down tube sticker on the attached bike), and they were badged as such for sale in europe. piaggio bought gilera in 1969.

they did this for name recognition, i believe. gileras were never widely distributed here in the USA, whereas vespa scooters were.

also of note, the mopeds were only refered to as "vespas" in the USA, and i'm not 100% certain, but it may have only been 1978 and later. they were badged as "piaggios" in europe.

34f060845ea8c878472fc77b97283b37_big.jpg

Awesome thanks. I'm pulling a steep learning curve with these things.

a late-model gilera CBA.

f614680c19d2ca49e0a4b1362a3112a4_big.jpg

Okay, I've got the Grande assembly/prep manual and the Vespa service manual here, both as pdf's.

http://ge.tt/7WNmiMC?c

It's the same old same from the MRA, but now packaged in a convenient pdf file.

If anyone ever finds the Haynes manual already scanned, lemme know.

William Absent /

"Sorry, we are unable to retrieve the document for viewing or you don't have permission to view the document.

Please try again later. "

It's been doing that for the service manual for two days.

My email is sulranor@yahoo.com, if you feel like mailing it.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account