Teach me how to hunt mopeds!

Andrew Faulkner /

Alright.For the past two yearsive been stumbling upon some good ole mopeds. Ive been using craigslist, ebay, and the local newspaper/penny saver but my leads are coming to an end. Im pretty sure ive snatched all the peds from the people who use my sources.

SO heres what i want from you.

How do you track down mopeds. I read stories of people stumbling across maxis in old barns and such. But i think its frowned upon to go look in random peoples barns. I know there have gotta be tons of secrets im lacking on locating the powers hidden within.

Re: Teach me how to hunt mopeds!

try dashing you clothing with 2 stroke oil, it will attract rutting alpha-peds

Andrew Faulkner /

Ahaha.Im trying to attract olderly people who think there puch is worth every penny of what they paid when it was new. So like $200 mint maxis.

Be veddy veddy quiet, we're hunting mopeds.

Most of the barn finds are found by just riding your ped everywhere you go. People will just come up to you and say I have one of those sitting in my barn, basement, garage, whatever. Word gets around and you become the "moped guy" and people will hunt you down. Also anytime you pick up a ped, tell the seller that if they know of any other peds that their buddies have that they are just letting collect dust that you would gladly buy them too. It might not happen right away but you can build up a reputation and before you know it, peds will just fall into your lap..... Supposedly.

Andrew Faulkner /

my rep has gone backwards around here. PEople have flagged me down while riding and ive bougtht and sold a few that way. But on craigslist. People have emailed me and called me a scammer for trying to grab up all the peds. Even thogh i pay more then most peds are worth. just to make everyone happy. Cant win them all i guesse. I think im gonnamake some business cards with my name and number and crap on them to hand out whenever i buy/sell/get flagged down.

Get a job in a place where old people go, and keep a picture of a moped at your desk/area. Anytime someone says "I have one of those" offer to buy it.

Hang out at the Bingo hall wearing an I love mopeds T-shirt.

Lol @ Chip

I gotta do that one..ha

I had some free business cards made up. I hand them out to scrapyards, recycling centers, people driving around picking scrap, anyone who shows any interest in what I'm riding, anyone I ask about what they are riding etc..

I have a bumper sticker on my car asking for unwanted mopeds..

Hmm your a couple years to late. imo

pull back on the bow and breathe out. hold your bow steady on target and count to three. then when you are one with the moped, release your arrow.

please stop dissing old people as if we are stupid. thank you. btw, i think my moped is worth more than i paid for it in 1981. i've seen much less sell for much more.

Hahaha^

Its hard not to when most of the peds we buy from old people have problems such as this:

you get what you ask for.

friend and i go "yard sailing" on weekends, sail past junky offerings.

when i pull up, i'll ask "got any more like this?" (point at ped)

perfect forum, they need money, i don't want their usual crap.(edited)

try boltcutters, and stay outta my barn.

Friends,family and co workers

WILL WORK FOR MOPED

become friends with the Swoops we got bikes for dayzzzzzz

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

damn glen that's an amazing crank! i agree just ride and they'll multiply. a good portion local ones nobody can get running, and when they find out how much to fix it, just sell it to me.

Arms Swoop Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> become friends with the Swoops we got bikes for

> dayzzzzzz

^^^Truth^^^ ;]

Andrew Faulkner /

Haha where are the swoops from

Atlanta Ga.

Andrew Faulkner /

damn im up hurr in NY

OTTO The dirty Petcocks /

Post a add on a church buliten board moped wanted works I bet grandma has her late hubbies ped In the barn mint shape she wants to get rid of for $100

Yep ads on comunity bullitan boards work pretty well. Just riding works really well. Garage sales, estate sales etc.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account