I picked up the Gyro today !

I went to Danbury Ct. to meet moped army member david and to buy his 86 gyro. Davids a cool dude! Nice to meet ya bud! We exchanged the money and then put the gyro in my truck. David did all the work :) 123 miles later and it's home in my "garage".

My friend doug told me that this would be much easier to work on than the elite 250 I just finished restoring. He couldn't have been more correct! About 45 minutes after I brought it indoors I had it torn apart and ready to accept all the necessary new parts! I used two tools ...a 10mm for all but one bolt which was an 8mm!. Amazing! If I had the parts now I could put it all together in an hour I think.

P1300019.JPG

Re: I picked up the Gyro today !

Hey Don congrats on the purchase,,, I finally got your pic of the elite to download and congrats on that too,, wish I had one..Rog

thanks! I just have to keep busy during the winter or I get depressed ...I think its s.a.d.

Did I hook you up or what Donnie?

hehe yes u did! Thanks man!

np. what is up with the blue one that guy is talking about for 600 bucks?

I dunno ...I'd like to see a few pics of it. The description is a bit vague as to what its condition is. It could be almost ready to run or far from it. Supposedly the 84's are the rarest of the gyros. That's what a guy told me today. He has an 84 and an 86. I personally like the look of the S version better. The regular gyro is still cool looking though.

maybe you should buy it and we'll go riding?

David told me that I could install the elite E high compression piston and rings in my gyro for higher speeds. Any ideas about that?

I don't know much about them, except they are cool. Ike knows a lot about them. That's for sure.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account