Jawa kick start Sport 210

i traded a really nice scorpion for this rare jawa

now to get some parts for it it needs a bunch

this is the first time i ever seen a kick start top tank 210

Re: Jawa kick start Sport 210

niiiice!

Cool, I didn't think they imported kick models.

The Mountain Dew bottle in the back ground marks it as being Mopedjay's.

wow that is neat. still a 2 speed? is that a basket or a crab pot? thing is huge. is that the metal flake paint? glad you found this instead of some scrapper. one for the books for sure.

yep its 2 speed i already ditched the broken baskets

a scrapper did find it im a scrapper

Jawa engine, kick start

Jawa 210 engine.jpg

† CH∆D † /

cool bike! Perfect Jawa for the Jawa type

leo a dude in hungary has those engines but he wants like $400 for them shipped to usa

vlado brought one back from cz-land for me...........................just kidding.

i would love to have about 5 of those engines just so i could get

rid of the pedals on my bikes. legal here to have no pedals

got any 210 top ends laying around?

i need 1

nope i have none

il prolly be looking for one soon too to bore out for the bigger piston

i started pullin it apart

never seen a jawa so complete before has the tool kit fork lock with keys and even the tire pump

i wonder where vlado is emailed him a couple times and got no response thats odd

maybe hes in Slovakia who knows

vlado is hung over from jet lag.

give him a couple days to recover

Vlado vlado /

Leo, I will email you shortly, feeling OK now.

Jay, thanks for calling

William O'Leary /

NICE. i want to top-tank my 210 but have no clue where to start, but this is a good example of what I'll need! Anybody no where to find the parts?

BTW: vlado is hooking me up with a petcock for mine, just emailed him a few minutes ago!

Vlado vlado /

Benji at Treats has some after market top tanks- with a little tinkering (or not little?) it is possible to turn step through into top tank- I am using top tank from General Five Stars on my 225 model- very slowly getting there...

could make it happen if you really wanted it. might want to consider that you are adding weight to a single speed engine. the true 210 top tanks are 2 speed. would plan on a carb and pipe upgrade as well.

I have the parts you need if you want to have a go at it. would be a motomarinajawa sporty.

im keeping mine with the jikov and stock pipe with the 2 speed a pipe isnt really needed and i like the jikov carbs cause they work great

I like the Jikov too. My girl's CZ175 has a Jikov on it and it's awesome. The moped version is really a great carburetor, it's just impossible to go fast with one. I love them because there's not a single piece of plastic in them, not even a gasket or washer. Keep it clean and it will last forever.

Vlado vlado /

Jay, how is drilled Jikow working for you, what diameter did you achieve?

After hearing your love for it I have to try one just to see your point...

Maybe drilled to widest possibility and large intake/exhaust?

Also- how did you switch into Dell'Orto jets- give me description, I will try too.

Gotta love a carb with its own built in drip tray.

i never ran that drilled carb it was a crap broken body i tried to drill to see how big i could go with it a bit over 14mm almost 15mm i didnt wanna do it on a good carb until i could see it work

you can use dellorto jets but they will have to be soldered into the atomizer tube

but what i did was use bing jets i just screwed the original jikov jet in i ground the head off the jet and drilled it out and tapped it to the size for bing jets i forget the size it was

i used a shitty jet and atomizer to practice on to see if it would work

dont forget that the head actually has drip tubes for when the drip tray fills up!

i get rid of those stupid drip tubes if you know how to adjust the float on a jikov it wont leak at all

i get rid of the tubes and cut the metal casting that holds them in for better airflow

Vlado vlado /

I have to correct you all for good-

the "drip tray" is actually a heat shield- having two holes to let occassional leak out- that's why people assuming otherwise;

the heat shield keeps the body of carb cooler so no vaporization of gas happens- that's why Dell"Orto now makes plastic bowls, not metal.

Those two plastic tubes are there for noise reduction- older 207 models were "pinging"

Jawa factory used easy to obtain tubes instead of solid ones

also- rubber, comb like inserts into cylinder fins were used for the same reason

i always figured that thing was some sort of shield cause it didnt make much sense as a drip pan

those tubes are stupid in a way yeah they cut down noise but they also restrict the air flow through the fins

the pinging sounds nice anyway

i was wondering if i should get rid of those rubber inserts thinking about airflow but i didnt... and why you gotta ruin our fun with facts, vlado. lol

glued on a new set of clutch pads and ground them down now they are perfect got the 2nd gear clutch working put new seals in cleaned the carb and the exhaust

tomorrow il rewire it and see if it fires up hopefully the old dry rotted belt will last at least one run

Jay come help me with this 207 I just got... all i need is spark and this thing will be good as new.

Hey Vlado, I think I need a new thrystor for a '78 207. Yesterday I had spark today nothing. Got any replacement parts handy you could sell me?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account