Re: Great mopeding weather in Ohio

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

HaHa,Jimmy!Yeah,I was wrong about the weather though.It stayed warm and sunny in Southern Ohio for another 2 days after Wednesday.I was regretting it all the way to s.e. Missouri(Cape Girardeau is nearly 1000 mi. round trip for us)).But my wife got the prolotherapy she needed and feels better already.Well,I looked into the tranny problem and found a coupla' things.FIRST,the pin which holds the end of the starter clutch return spring fell out of it's socket,and the clutch bearing was haphazardly rubbing and bouncing off the clutch plate washer.This was causing the Sebring to act like I was pulling the clutch lever intermittently at road-speed.Secondly the clutch pad was sticking too near the clutch drum.Simple problems if you have the parts.The worst problem is that the starter clutch bearing was questionable to start with and now the ball-bearings won't stay in their respective retainers.I'm only hoping that Mopedwarehouse can get me a clutch starter bearing in a hurrry.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Great mopeding weather in OhioTopic by: don-ohio don-ohio 01/30/02 01:36PM
  Re: Great mopeding weather in OhioRe: Jimmy Jimmy 01/31/02 08:14AM
  Re: Great mopeding weather in OhioRe: don-ohio don-ohio 02/03/02 12:44AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account