Re: My first build - Complete - 1980 Maxi

OTTO The dirty Petcocks /

its sweet and nicley done !!!

dude sweet ped!!! diggin the blue on white super retro if ya still got that curcuit pipe im interested in buyin

Chris Driscoll /

Sold the circuit pipe within a week or two after removing it. Sorry guy. Thanks for the kind words though. 1.5 Seat is also sold.

Oh man that is a beautiful paint job! Very nice build!

sweet pimpin, it almost looks like a piece of candy!

Nice build! The color scheme is not my cup of tea, but you did a great job.

How did you do the convert to 12V? I did not see that on your blog. I'd like to do the same to my Free Spirit at some point

Thanks,

Paul

Chris Driscoll /

Get a 12V light coil from treats. Run the yellow wire to your headlight and green to the tail light. However, I bought a 12V DC LED light for the rear. I bought a 12V AC DC rectifier for a 150cc scooter and mounted it under my seat pan. The 12V AC ground, and DC + and - come out of that. Just so I don't blow LED's. It's kind of complicated to explain unless you get the same setup I have (AC Headlight - DC Tail Light).

move the ground to the ht coil mounting bolt for a cleaner look.

reading the plug like you say is like looking at a google map of your route and saying "i'll get in an accident at this intersection"

average color is not a proper plug chop.

my sha is lean at 1/2 - 3/4, good at wot.

based on temp gauge readings and butt dyno.

beautiful build, nice color choices, well thought out. it shows.

release permission, and it will be featured on a lot of sites, i'm sure.

Thanks. I thought perhaps the conversion was as simple as that done on 6V motorcycles where all you need to do on some is to get a 12V voltage regulator and switch all lights and battery over to 12V and voila a 12V out of a 6V bike. With the exception of the battery, I had hopes it was a cheap convert, does not sound like it. I will probably look into it once I have fixed up my moped and can justify it.

Thanks again,

Paul

Chris Driscoll /

It was a cheap convert. Not counting the lights and bulb it was 25 bucks in parts. Thanks for the advice Glenn. I'll be sure to dial it in before a long ride.

awesome bike! i cant wait to ride along side it! styling man!

It looks great...

But why spend all that time making it LOOK nice, when you could have had it

BLAST even nicer?

Just an opinion

and a philosophy.

Chris Driscoll /

I'd rather have a stock reliable bike that looks awesome, than a blaster that could seize at any moment (and it would if I build it haha). But I DO want to kit a bike sometime. Just not this one. I still have a lot to learn about mopeds before I attempt a kit. And I have been in the moped scene for about 5 years now.

Can't wait to go to the Cannonball Run dude.

Good patience. I got my first moped and immediately through a huge carb, kit and pipe on it. A year later I finally got it running haha.

Chris Driscoll /

I'm still tuning it... It's being difficult...

I like it. That mirror has to go though, it looks huge! Is say pull apart the engine and powder or paint the cases and it would be even snazzyer!!!

Nice build!

Nice bike, but I'll say it...for as much work you have into it you should try to hide that pile of wires by the engine or at least cover 'em up with something.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account