I can`t ride this!! It`s a girls bike!!!!

I just came across a Tomos moped brochure that show a "good looking" girl on a Tomos "step thru" Sprint, and a guy on A Top Tank Targa''!!! What are they implying here???? Only girls ride ' Step Thru" ???????????

Re: I can`t ride this!! It`s a girls bike!!!!

InfectedBootSector /

Top Tanks look terrible...

yup only girls ride step thru ......... just joking

Ron Brown /

Ike,

I don't remember who said it, maybe Mark Twain. If the world was rational, men would ride side-saddle.

Ron

Let's face it....just the fact that we ride mopeds in a society that tends to view bike size as a sign of virility, shows that we are secure in our manhood. Step through or top tank....I don't give a rip......as long as I have a place to put my purse.

Step-thru's look more cool...

Are more practical and convenient

Are easier to dismount in case of trouble

Can carry a large sack of rice ( if you live in a 3rd world country )

And don't bunch up your tu-tu as badly - LOL

KelvinKDX /

With the step through you have a nice place to put your purse! When i was a kid i used to put my feet there too.

I'm with you dude! 100 Percent!

Re: OH YEAH???!!!!

I'll hit you with my bread bag!!!!

brian away /

Only girls ride Tomos.

brian away /

p.s. top tanks are for sport bikes.

Re: OH YEAH???!!!!

BAAHAAAAahaaaaahaaaa!

Tanks Tops ? Ain't that something that little girls use to hide their boobies ?

You hafta hide your boobies , huh ?

Ron Brown /

....instinctively grabs nuts....thinks...at least I'm not a girl....

Re: GetOffYourMomsComputer

its a matter of personal preference; I have a Toptank because I think it looks better, and performs more like a small motorcycle. It doesn't mean im this or that. . . it just means I like the top-tank model.

Drop the homophobic shit, you wont get along here with that kind of attitude (not that were gay or anything, we just dont appreciate that kind of stuff). . .

-Wisky

Wisky,

I simply made a an observation, i never made any homo references, you did that!!

I never said that only girls ride step thru! I said Tomos seemed to imply that? I agree totally with you that it is a matter of preference!! I also think that a Top Tank does look better!! But that doesn`t mean i won`t ride a step thru! If it it did, i wouldn`t be riding any mopeds. I have 8 step thru!! not 1 Top tank!!

When i made the post, i knew it would probably stir up a little "friendly rivalry", but i never intended to hurt anyones feelings. I`m sorry you didn`t understand that!!

As for attitudes, you are the one with an attitude!!!!

Chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ike

Crisis--Cincinnati /

Ike, it wasn't you, and Wisky wasn't directing his anger at you. It was at Mikey. The guy who posted the misogynistic, homophobic stuff.

Chris

Simon King /

I've since deleted his posts, which may make this thread seem a little weird without them in it. I try not to censor too much, but I will delete offensive posts.

I appologize to Wisky and to everyone who replied to my original post. I should have realized this was a sensitive issue and thought about it a little more?

This one "blew up" in my face!!!

Sorry,

Ike

Ron Brown /

Ike,

I just re-read your original post.

If that post upset anyone, they have some real problems.

Keep it coming!

Ron

right on, fellas...

Simon King /

Your original post was fine, it's that some people can't discuss anything related to gender without spewing homophic or sexist statements everywhere.

For some reason those same people have a tendency to get on internet forums a lot...hmm....

simon

blah

well you said homophobic and sexiest.. but sounds like whisky might be a little hetrophobic to me.. LoL

Ike, I WAS NOT DIRECTING what i said towards you in ANY WAY! I was directing it towards another poster (whos post I cannot find (???)), sorry if it seemed like that! And I can see why you thought it was directed towards you, because it is your thread, but It wasn't directed towards you, honest.

and duck, lol, heterophobic? I am straight, if thats what you're implying.

Wisky,Ike,Brian! I agree with you!Top-Tanks Rule! The sporty look and LOTS OF GAS to cruise with! Seems like most top-tanks hold 1.5 to 2.5 gals and at 125 mpg,THAT'S convenient.But I like `step-thrus' also.Heck,I own about 6 of them!...Ike! Keep those good questions coming.We all need to keep an eye out for those `sissy' step thru riders.JUST KIDDING,Ree!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account