70cc with One Speed or Two

InfectedBootSector /

Hey everyone... It looks like I am going to be picking up a 70cc kit from 50cc.nl. It isn't the same one that is having problems here in the states...

Should I stick with the single speed gear box on my Maxi or switch to a 2 speed? WIll the single speed take the extra power better or am I better off to get the 2 speed and be done with it?

Re: 70cc with One Speed or Two

SteelToad /

Make sure to let folks here know how it goes. I'm gettin ready to get the same thing, and it sure would be nice to know what to look for ahead of time :-)

Single speed all the way! Those 2 speed puch clutches start slipping bad, from the pressure of the 70cc.

Chris

Yea, i have a 70cc with a 2 speed engine with 2000 miles on it. The clutches cant take it. The shifts are all screwed up, and the top end is quite limited compared to a one speed. My advice is to get a racing crank and clutch from www.mopedwarehouse.com

Im gettin a one speed soon, and im gonna put the racing crankshaft on so it doesnt vibriate too much, and it will take the pressure better. The racing clutch has 3 pad pickups rather than 2 making it more tolerant of the xtra power.

Also, i would throw an 18 sproket up front if u want top end.

Yea, i have a 70cc with a 2 speed engine with 2000 miles on it. The clutches cant take it. The shifts are all screwed up, and the top end is quite limited compared to a one speed. My advice is to get a racing crank and clutch from www.mopedwarehouse.com

Im gettin a one speed soon, and im gonna put the racing crankshaft on so it doesnt vibriate too much, and it will take the pressure better. The racing clutch has 3 pad pickups rather than 2 making it more tolerant of the xtra power.

Also, i would throw an 18 sproket up front if u want top end.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account