Re: Problem solved

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Yeah,Jimmy.Going on long trips all the time taught me quickly to carry extra stuff.Of course the cell phone's the most important.When you get out in the Boonies like I do a lot,you'll end up in the dark coming home sometimes.Here:s a few things I carry:20 oz.freshly filled water bottle,some snack crackers and vienna canned sausages or equiv.,maps,lighter,matches,bathroom necessities and moist towelettes,sunglasses(clip ons),sunscreen,band-aids,duct tape wrapped on a pencil,teflon tape,extra brake cable and clutch cable,solar charged flashlight with extra bulbs,spark plugs,bulbs,oil can or spray lube,shop rag,tube patch kit,extra tube,points file and fingernail emery stick,extra crank arm pin and nut....Clothing:Extra thermal top shirt,windbreaker jacket,ski mask,gloves,umbrella....Tools:Straight screwdriver for prying,swiss army knife,multi-bit screwdriver,1/4" socket set,metric,10mm wrench,adjustable wrench(6" long),VISE GRIPS!,needle nose pliers,punch for chain repair,Popeil's Pocket Fisherman(JUST KIDDIN'),CO2 tire inflator and extra CO2 cartridges,BB pistol,vial of BBs,cell phone,tiny flat blade screwdriver,and a lot of other stuff I can't think of right now.The tools that are small are carried in the vinyl tool bag on the handlebars along with the cell phone and BB gun.The larger stuff goes in the bottom of the backpack that is strapped around the rear carrier.If needed,I can extend the trombone slide of the rear carrier and put on an extra backpack,with ease.Tghere's probably another 5 or 10 lbs. of stuff I didn't think to list,but these are the most important.Haven't altered my bread bags yet,but when I do they'll be hanging on the sides of the rear carrier.Whew!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  moped headlamps ?Topic by: Jimmy Jimmy 01/23/02 10:25AM
  Re: moped headlamps ?Re: Crisis Crisis 01/23/02 10:39AM
  Re: moped headlamps ?Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 01/23/02 10:43AM
  Re: moped headlamps ?Re: Jimmy Jimmy 01/23/02 10:50AM
  Test itRe: Scott Scott 01/23/02 11:08AM
  Problem solvedRe: Jimmy Jimmy 01/23/02 07:12PM
  Re: Problem solvedRe: don-ohio don-ohio 01/23/02 07:19PM
  Re: Problem solvedRe: Jimmy Jimmy 01/23/02 08:09PM
  Re: Problem solvedRe: don-ohio don-ohio 01/24/02 09:39AM
  Re: moped headlamps ?Re: SteelToad SteelToad 01/23/02 02:28PM
  Re: moped headlamps ?Re: Chris Chris 01/23/02 02:46PM
  Re: moped headlamps ?Re: SteelToad SteelToad 01/23/02 03:04PM
  Re: moped headlamps ?Re: Webby Webby 01/26/02 04:07PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account