RE: moped starting problems..

Ivo /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

If the decompression valve on the cylinderhead is leaking, it's usually because it's jammed open or blocked by dirt and carbon deposits. Open the valve and drown the thing in WD40, keep opening an closing the valve for a minute or two and give it another squirt of WD40 every now and then. The dirt and carbon will come loose and will be washed off by the WD40. There's also some kind of cleaningspray available called "powerclaen", I haven't used this myself (yet) but I've seen it in action, one squirt and a thick layer of grease and dirt will be washed off immediatle. This usually solves the problem of decopression valves, but if it's leaking because of something else (like the previous owner and his obsession of prying things open with a screwdriver), you may have to replace the decompressionvalve or even the whole cylinderhead, it will depend on the damage.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  moped starting problems..Topic by: Michael Michael 08/11/00 11:10PM
  RE: moped starting problems..Re: Fred Fred 08/12/00 04:12AM
  RE: moped starting problems..Re: Michael Michael 08/12/00 03:31PM
  RE: moped starting problems..Re: Fred Fred 08/12/00 07:59PM
  RE: moped starting problems..Re: Ivo Ivo 08/12/00 10:32PM
  RE: moped starting problems..Re: Michael Michael 08/13/00 03:43AM
  RE: moped starting problems..Re: Fred Fred 08/13/00 05:23AM
  RE: moped starting problems..Re: Ivo Ivo 08/13/00 01:04PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account