cat eye turn signals

I have two puch mopeds both have cat eye signal lights (bl-700 type d). does any one know how I can charge the batteries. They are 6v 8w units. the last time I used them was 1986. also where can I get batteries if I need then.

Re: cat eye turn signals

i'm pretty sure the batteries will be shot, mine were dead as hell when i got my bike. The best place to start looking around will be RC car places, you can probably bring the battery pack in and they wiill be able to match you up with something, it might be spendy though. Otherwise, find some batteries at a surplus electronics retailer and solder together your own battery pack, thats what i'd do.

I have never heard of RC car places

do you or anyone else know where i can get a cateye bl700 system

Get a battery pack from radio shack, 7.8v 1200 mah. I think the originals had a charging circuit that ran off the headlight power. You might have to rig up your own charger, radio shack should have that as well as the plugs you might need.

Bob- I'm not sure of the model but i've got a set of Cateye's that I'm not going to use, they have one broken lens and come with all the mounting hardware and wires; see the attached pic, $30 shipped.

1205430341_large_cateyes.jpg

I used a 6V charger on trickle for 5 hours and got a few sets working that way .TheI hooked them u to the ped and that recharged them a . Butttttta is the best way restart them if they are drained completly

Did you charge them on the bike?

hobby shops = rc car places

i've never seen a puch with turn signals. where, on a maxi, would you mount the battery? i've wanted them for awhile, but i couldn't think of anywhere to put the battery that wouldn't look ugly. does anyone have a pic of a good solution to that?

The set iIposted earlier was of this Maxi and come ready to mount on a Maxi. The battery sits on top of the fork between the handlebars.

Here's what your looking at J this is the assembly and mounting for the cat eye BL-700 type D on a Puch Maxi

http://www.mopedriders.org/viewtopic.php?t=6882

hobby shops, spendy?

I can get a 6 cell sub C pack for less then $25. same pack at radioshack is $30...

spendy my ass.

if you need a specialty battery you can get individual cells too sometimes for even less then just solder them up.

btw, 6 cells = 7.2 volts

They are sub c cells. A betteries plus store can make you a pack. Or RC store as stated above, the system had a charging circert in them, they ar hooked to the hot lead in the headlight. They are grounded to the handlebars.

I was wondering that about AA or Sub C battery packs. I do understand the draw differences, but if it's connected to your stator to keep it charged, why care about capacity? I was thinking of a 5 cell AA battery pack nimh (6v). It would probably fit better in the BL-700 Cateye enclosure.

I stand corrected. The battery space in the BL-700 is 4-1/4"x1-3/4". The AA is too tall, just tried with a AA battery to see fitment. I guess Sub C is the way to go.

> Leo Dano Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I stand corrected. The battery space in the BL-700 is 4-1/4"x1-3/4".

> The AA is too tall, just tried with a AA battery to see fitment. I

> guess Sub C is the way to go.

You may well be talking to ghosts , as this is an 8 year old thread . ;)

Willis hobbies in Mineola

8 years since last bump. It's actually 14.lol

> P D Wrote:

> > Leo Dano Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I stand corrected. The battery space in the BL-700 is 4-1/4"x1-3/4".

>

> > The AA is too tall, just tried with a AA battery to see fitment. I

>

> > guess Sub C is the way to go.

>

> You may well be talking to ghosts , as this is an 8 year old thread . ;)

Yeah, and they are still useful.

> P D Wrote:

> > Leo Dano Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I stand corrected. The battery space in the BL-700 is 4-1/4"x1-3/4".

>

> > The AA is too tall, just tried with a AA battery to see fitment. I

>

> > guess Sub C is the way to go.

>

> You may well be talking to ghosts , as this is an 8 year old thread . ;)

Boo! Still here!

Hoarder Erik Thalman /

You can hard wire them into ur harness and they work

> Leo Dano Wrote:

> Yeah, and they are still useful.

I never said history wasn't useful . ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account