What's up with Handy Bikes?#@!

Check this ebay link out? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=600648203&r=0&t=0) They are trying to sell an 80' sport MK2 Puch with a starting bid at $650! What's up with that? :) I know a lot of the Deceptigons recommend Handy Bikes, that is why I posted this. Sounds like a rip off to me.

Re: What's up with Handy Bikes?#@!

i called up there a few weeks ago, and apprently they are under new ownership now... i asked what they had in stock (used mopeds) and they guy was all "i dont really know yet, we just took over ownership a couple weeks ago"... ??

yeah dood, that DOES sound like a ripoff.. especially for a starting bid...

damn! and they want a starting bid of 600$ for this sachs.. it has damn near 10K miles!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=600648956

InfectedBootSector /

What a shame...

Mucho grande mi amigo! Pinche gringos!

that's terrible! it's sad they are under new management ... time was they were the best around. they've had some problems lately, too. well, i'd recommend handy bikes for most things. good luck! i don't think anyone will bid so high on a moped, especially not in the dead of winter.

Si Casey!

Es mucho Gringo Pesos para pinche moto-bicicleta de 1980.

Hey Dude what you smokin? Opening bid is $425, Check the link.

Mike Reed /

I can't comment on that bike price, but I'll vouch that I've had good experiences there in the last year for parts. They're prices are great, and when you get to talk to Bob Jones and he has a moment for questions, you can learn alot about your bike and its problems. Recently, he mentioned the take-over and was very excited about it. He said the new management will allow him to fill in the gaps in his parts-availability, like maybe more Puch stuff.

-Mike in MA

Hi! I talked to B.J. today.I don't think the new management will affect them to our detriment.We've just got to be glad they are still kicking! Every moped supplier is to our advantage,I'd say.And Handy Bikes has always shipped the right part to me reasonably priced.There's still a lot of old inventory up there.ALWAYS call them and Mopedwarehouse for hard to get parts.Today,I broke a bushing on my MO2 Franco_ Morini engine.ARRRRRGGGH! But I called Bob Jones and he's got several bushings in stock! YEEEIIPPEEEE!Just remember though,fellow parts seekers.Bob Jones' day off is usually on Thursday,and so call before you drive down there.614-299-0550

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account