Puch engine case/center stand

I've read several posts about leaking cases and starting your Puch when it's on the center stand, from personal experience I would not set on a Puch nor try to peddle start it on it's center stand. The center stand is mounted directly to the case and it will break off or crack if abused. Use the center stand for parking the bike only to avoid damaging your case.

Re: Puch engine case/center stand

I usually just roll start mine. Get a good running start, pop the clutch, and jump on like the Lone Ranger jumping on Silver! Gidiup Puch! Very efficiant, plus it the ladies like it! :)

Chris, watch out for the saddle horn or the ladies, won't like it.

My puch has no saddle horn. :)

Reeperette /

Hi-hi Silver indeed.

That was the prevalent thought in my head, usually, when I used to roll start my Puch Austro-Daimler (which was, btw silver..) down the driveway....since it was downhill it didn't require much of a push, and not once did she fail to start on me when I pulled the starter clutch.

Nice set of wheels,that was.

-R

What happened to it Ree?

InfectedBootSector /

I love my Puch... more than food... more than air...

Infected, you got a pic of your Puch?

InfectedBootSector /

Nah.. my brother has a digital camera.... I will probably drag the Puch out of winter storage here in a few weeks to start the dismantle job on it....

I'll take some pics then

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account