RE: Moped Stereo??

Wayne Broderick /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Enough about Anti-skip--- I'm more interested in different ways people have put stereos on mopeds. I'm going to put one on my new 2000 tomas targa-- I think the 12v system should support it. if I get a small amp and efficient bracket mount speakers I should be able to put out a lot of noise. I found that with an EQ I could filter out the heavy bass and 'thick' midrange- This made small speakers perform really well without blowing or clipping or distorting. I got good results when I was only on a mountain bike. Now that I've got a moped I want to get some better equipment. The battery I got from a battery dealer (12v gel cel), but the radio and speakers I got at "xtra' mart or whatever for like 30 bucks.

Also, if this ped has 12v then I should be able to run a 12v compressor and an x-tra loud air horn. At one point I had the battery in a pannier pack on my mountain bike and rigged a button next to my shifter. A small hose and wire to the pannier pack and a few pull-ties and I had a mountain bike with a stereo and air horns.

The drawback was that the battery, stereo, speakers, brackets, wires and clamps added a lot of weight. It got so I didn't notice it after a while. A friend tried it and even in the easy gear he was un-impressed with the added weight.

My new project is to put an air horn and nice stereo on the tomas. The pannier pack will sit on the rear rack. I won't need a battery That means I will be able to put a nicer, larger automotive speaker on the rear rack facing upward (the pannier pack hangs to the side) a high powered bracket mount speaker up front will provide me with a nice stereo effect.

Depending on the way I mount the speakers I may or may not use weatherproof or waterproof speakers. The ultimate system will be when I have quality, waterproof outdoor speakers fastened safely with the wires concealed and connected to a waterproof pannier pack with a compressor (for the air horn) a small amp and a decent stereo. I keep the bike indoors and I don't plan on riding in the rain but I want to build it sturdy and "tight" anyway.

Please give me input-- I would assume that out in california or florida that this would be a common thing.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Moped Stereo??Topic by: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 07/30/00 07:05PM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: moby moby 07/30/00 07:56PM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 07/30/00 08:12PM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: moby moby 07/30/00 09:39PM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: Simon King Simon King 08/01/00 01:50AM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: dylan dylan 08/02/00 05:31PM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/02/00 10:39PM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: Fred Fred 08/03/00 02:24AM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: moby moby 08/03/00 12:04AM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/03/00 10:43PM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: Will Will 08/05/00 01:46AM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: Jon Lewis Jon Lewis 08/08/00 01:37AM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: Reeperette Reeperette 08/13/00 05:12AM
  RE: Moped Stereo??Re: Reeperette Reeperette 08/13/00 05:12AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account