Motobecane carb leak

Hey.... I took apart the carb on my 75 Motobecane moped and now when I open the fuel valve gas pours all over the place from the carb....I think I put the O ring in the wrong place by the float. I dont know because I don't have any information on it because there isn't any information anywhere! Well any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated because im kinda new at this moped thing and this is a really big restoration job.

Re: Motobecane carb leak

What kind of carb is it?

Ron Brown /

Kurt,

You put the float in upside down. The point on the spindle goes up to seal against the seat.

Ron

I'm not really sure what kind it is....

No I think the floats in right, but a black O-ring fell out when I took the cover off of it. Where is that supposed to go?

InfectedBootSector /

You may have either a bad float or a bad float needle... My puch did this when I cleaned it... I rebuilt the carb with 20 bucks worth of new parts and it ran great! the gasket probably won't matter much if it is built like a bing carb as the fuel shouldn't get that high to begin with...

Ron Brown /

Kurt,

You can check the operation of the needle valve by just holding the float needle lightly into the needle valve with the cover off. If this does not work you should be able to see why. If it does, check for fluid in the float, bent needle or crud causing it to bind up.

The o-ring, if tt is the same diameter as the float bowl, is the bowl to cover gasket.

Ron

thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account