Tranny oil

I have a 1972 Garelli and I believe the oil/tranny fluid in the crank case needs to be replaced and I was wondering it anyone know what type of oil/tranny fluid I should replace it with, thanks

Shmiv

Re: Tranny oil

My 1980 Garelli calls for SAE 30W oil. I can only assume yours would be the same. There are many more experienced PedHeds than me in here though.

hi i just bought a tomos targa 1993 moped. when i start it every thing seems to be fine, but as i start to ride it i feel like it keeps jerking and liping a little. yesterday it started to shake a little. now i don,t know much about this moped. but i was wondering if it has any thing to do with the tranny oil. it sems like it does not catch right the tranny in other words not shifting right. if you have any information about what i can do please email me back thank you. also i would like to know how much tranny fluids i got to put in the moped. thank you for your time god bless . hebrewfly@aol.comShmiver wrote:

>

> I have a 1972 Garelli and I believe the oil/tranny fluid in

> the crank case needs to be replaced and I was wondering it

> anyone know what type of oil/tranny fluid I should replace it

> with, thanks

>

> Shmiv

The internal clutch on a moped can work itself loose, or out of adjustment, after a while. I am having that problem right now with my Puch. I am going to take it to Ike's this weekend, and he is going to help me readjust it. I will let you know how it goes. You need a wheel puller to yank the clutch and adjust it. It's just some screws. There are instructions on www.mopedsonline.com, on how to do it. Obviously, the first thing you should do, is change the tranny fluid.

chris

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account