Garelli problems and info needed

I am speaking for matt, because he obviously can't type worth shit. :)

Here we go. 1978 Garelli Super Sport xl.

What type of spark plug do we need? What is the best gas/oil ratio? His engine isn't ceased, something we do know.

Thanks.

Chris

Re: Garelli problems and info needed

"Garelli problems and info needed"???

it sounds like you already have "garelli problems"... now you just need some info! heheh...

hows everything going down there with the puch tonite?

casey

Matt-Cincy /

piss off casey hehe

garelli uses the same plug as most peds, so a bosch platinum 4214. it uses sae 30 non-detergent in the crankcase, not sae-20 (like minarelli). it has a dellorto 14.12 carb on the end, but can also use a 14.14. basically, it's just like any other italian moped. it also uses about the same amount of oil (2.8-3.0 oz per gallon). try that, if it runs rich/dry, then test w/ plug chops.

anything else you need? dan used to have a garelli rally sport (it was run over by a minivan last race). i have one, though it never ran (yet). brian frain has a super sport running. it's also similar to the avanti, and the janus boys have at least one (two of them got brian's running last year when they were here).

Matt-Cincy /

THE GARRELI WILL BE RUNNIN BY THURSDAY hopefully me and the bike does not get ran over this time that shit hoit !!!!!!!

thanks miguel

Crisis--cincinnati /

Finally, we got a response! Whohoooooo!

the gas oil ratio is 3oz to a gallon that is the ideal mixture. just put a a few gallons into a gas can and mix 3oz for each gallon

I have a 1980 Garelli Sport. It still has the original decals on the tank and the bottom one says:

Engine: Garelli 50cc.

Breaking in Period: First 600 Miles do not exceed 20 mph max. speed. Mixture: 5 oz. oil per gallon of gas (25:1)

Thereafter: 4 oz. oil per gallon of gas (32:1)

Note: In the fuel mixture employ FIAT MOTO 2T oil or any good quality oil for two stroke engines.

For the gearchange assembly employ FIAT VS+30 (SAE 30W) oil.

I'm new to mopeds and couldn't tell you for sure if this is ideal. It's just what's on the factory tank decal.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, Also on the decal is the following:

Thermal vakue of spark plug: 175 Bosch

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account