The IRC thing isn't working...How about ICQ?

InfectedBootSector /

Hey everyone! After numerous stabs at IRC, it doesn't look like it is going to take hold as our real time or semi real time contact service. How about we make a list of either AIM, ICQ, or MSN user id's that we can all add to our list... we would want to pick just one... I prefer ICQ myself becuase is has superior serching capabilities...

Anyone???

Shane

Re: The IRC thing isn't working...How about ICQ?

Reeperette /

AIM, and the name I give will change often....I shall put it in Email, but not on the forum....there's inherent problems with AIM and ICQ, even now.

AIM names can be outright stolen from you with a Mac-exploit, server-side, and not a damn thing you can ever do about it, but you just lose the name is all.

ICQ has a couple worse ones, and some weenie on an Ego trip can wipe your whole operating system on you if they want, and it's never been fixed, that security hole....mirabilis was gonna fix it, but then AOL bought it, and they don't care about security.

-R

J. Sailor /

Simon should put up a java chat room on this site.

InfectedBootSector /

Java chat clients generally suck... we may be able to use a javainterface to irc... there are a few freeware clients out there... I'll check it out...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account