Ya know

I saw a thing on COPS last night about , I think it was Las Vegas, where the cops said if a moped was out after 10pm 90% chance that it was stolen...anyway some of you regulars know I bought a puch 1980 froma mower repair/junkyard that was half missing for 20 bucks(oh I plan on going back there to look for parts soon) .. now per the mopjunkyrd it'll run me 500 to fix it, well I got a DWI when I wrecked my motorcycle (yes I'm aware some of you think I should be hung by the neck until dead for that) and will lose my license soon , so I already bought a hyosung scooter (legal to drive in NC without a license) and would like to tinker with this Puch thing to fix it ....but more good news, the co I work for was just bought and the new owners decided we made too much and gave us a 2.00/hour pay cut down to 9.00,, at 43 Its pretty tough to go job hunting on a moped/scooter so I guess I'm stuck there for a year if I can get rides and use my scooter,........anyway I enjoy reading all of you guys antics on here, Fred, Wayne and Ryans pics and stuff ,,, sometimes you read something from a kid and you just know he has no business picking up a wrench ,but then I think back to when I was a teen and prolly said the same thing,, Miguel and Reep and Zippy with their advice...and some of the sites you guys find are amazing I cant tell you how many I've looked at and added to my favorites.. I now go to the mental health dept for alcohol problems and plan to join AA soon ,, I'm dry right now (no alcohol) and my probs seem to be mounting but I think I can handle them... so this is from an older motorhead that appreciates the MOPED ARMY go my friends and swarm and destroy...RogNC

Re: Ya know

good luck w/ aa. i'm sure it's a tough go, but i'm sure it'll be worth it. and think of all the money you'll save! ;-)

and if you're handy w/ tools, a puch shouldn't be a problem. and it shouldn't be expensive to fix. good luck w/ that, too. and thanks for the compliments!

InfectedBootSector /

I have a parts manual, so if you need any pictures or anything, I can probably help ya out...

Re: Don't give up yet.

Rog:

I've been in a situation where the company got bought and a couple of us lost our jobs because they brought in their own people for less.

However, I've gotten better jobs since and never looked back. Assess your capabilities and search for jobs that suit you. It's never too early to start looking, and you never know what is out there.

Keep up with this site as a diversion, and you'll do good.

Jim

thanks man but I dont have enough parts yet to need a manual lol, I appreciate it though

InfectedBootSector /

What all do you need? Ike on here some REALLY good deals on stuff... I have a few little things I may be able to part with...

thanks man,, anthony offered me most of what I need for 60 bucks, but I'm waiting to see about my taxes cyl,carb,exhaust,piston,,,,

rog I hear ya. I always tell myself that if I am ever in that predicament I will refuse the tests and take the mandatory loss of license for 1 year for refusing. I'll get some 50cc emblems for my 250 scooter and be all set! The cops have no idea if its a 50cc or a 250cc.

There have been a few police officers on the news lately that have crashed while on duty. They were obviously DWI but they refused the tests. That's what the news stories says. If the cops are refusing them then that makes me really think anyone else knowing they are DWI should also refuse. Either way your going to lose your license. Refusing will keep the nasty dwi off your record.

My dad is am alcoholic. He's been sober for 10+ years though. I remember when the cops used to follow him home if he was caught for DWI. These days it's so much more severe. Its all public perception.

I would seriously consider getting a larger scooter and putting 50 cc emblems on it. I know people who have done that and had no troubles

Sorry to hear you got bagged.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account