i painted it

check it out i painted it back to the original color

Re: i painted it

whoops sorry about that

orange1.jpg

i have one more question

what is this thing. it was sparking when i was running it so i bolted it down figured it was shorting. Now the lights wont work? please help.

thingy.jpg

Re: i painted it

Crisis--Cincinnati /

You need some side covers and you will be good to go, except for the lights not working. Looks pretty good!

Re: i have one more question

Ron Brown /

David,

Looks like a rectifier. Do you have a battery?

Ron

no i dont , with this item should i? what is your advice to remedy this problem

Ron Brown /

david wrote:

>

> no i dont , with this item should i? what is your advice to

> remedy this problem

David,

Was the ped originally equipped with a battery?

Ron

when i bought it from that yard sale it wasnt equipped with one. did motobecane release mopeds with batteries? is this a custom piece ?? maybe i should remove it.

Ron Brown /

David,

This is tough to do without seeing the ped.

Every answer raises a question and needs a clear answer. I am not asking if the ped has a battery in it, I am asking if it ever did. As in, is there a place on the ped where one used to live, perhaps a couple of terminals hanging around with no place to connect to? I think you have told me no, but your answers leave a question mark. : )

What model of Motobecane is it?

How many wires and what colors go to this device?

Does the device look like an original installation or something Wayne would have done? : )

Ron

well there is only one welded wire going to this device and that wire goes inside the light housing. if come one had a battery on it at one point i dont know how they would have done it there is no indication that such is true. it is a motobecane "1976" V.in my second response in this topic i included a picture of the ped. I dont think it is original (because the wire being welded on)but that was one of the things i was inquiring with this topic.

dave

Ron Brown /

David,

If it only ever had one wire, It is unlikely to be a rectifier.

I am more confused now, maybe someone with a wiring diagram for your ped can identify it.

Can you open the headlamp and figure out what the wire is fastened to?

Ron

mike hartel /

its a volttege regulater

Ron Brown /

Without a battery?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account