I couldn't help it

I got my Sachs westlate running, finally, Insured and tagged too. This morning, there was a fresh few inches of snow out there, and a lot of ice ( Just think of that first-season episode of King of the Hill- "Texans ain't ready for snow!!")

I had to ride the moped. I don't think I've had that much fun going to work in a while. I just skidded my feet along, and if I started to tip, I just stood up. It was a hell of a lot faster than walking or driving. I'm lucky that I'm only a mile from work, and only one busy street to cross.

It's going to be damn hard for me to break in the new piston and rings properly, I kept wanting to rev it up. I figure that I'll have to take it easy untill I empty my gas can, or about 200 miles, whichever comes first.

Tire chains.

Reeperette /

Go to the hardware store and buy about 20-some feet of flat-linked ornamental brass chain, cut it into 3-1/2 or 4 foot lengths dependin on your wheel size, then wrap it around the rim and tire - securing it with small S-hooks.

Viola!, moped tire chains.

The soft brass won't chew up your tires, although it may scratch the paint some on mag wheels, and digs in quite nicely....the downside is that they only last about 3 days worth of riding, especially if yer a throttle gorilla like me.

(ungh! fasta, fasta !)

Enjoy.

-R

(PS. ya buy 20-some feet so you have spare lengths, which you should carry on you in case of one of them mounted on the moped snaps.)

Re: Tire chains.

Naah, I think that I'll just slip around like a moron instead. Seriously, I don't think I'll do it again, but I will pick up the chain and some s- hooks next time I'm at the hardware store. I stood there and contemplated it last time I was in there, and thought to myself "naah, it won't snow" It did, that nite.

I think I shocked most of the people at work, I actually had a smile on my face at 8:00.

The only thing that went wrong was that my spedo cable died on me, so I'll have to re- route it somehow, probably thru the back of the new niox light that I got.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account