RE: Yardman throttle cable sachs engine

allstatemoped /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

You should be able to get a new cable, but if you can't I can attest to the efficacy of making your own cable. I put over 30,000 miles on my machine with all home made cables (throttle, front brake, clutch, and two shift cables). It may be a little more difficult without the old one to take measurments from, but it should still be possible. I also recomend trying to get an adjustable fitting called a "barrell end". it looks like a very small barrell with a set screw to allow it to be attached to a cable at any point. These often fit at the control end (ie lever or twist grip) and come in several sizes and types. Good luck!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Yardman throttle cable sachs engineTopic by: David Foti David Foti 07/20/00 02:42PM
  RE: Yardman throttle cable sachs engineRe: Fred Fred 07/20/00 04:36PM
  RE: Yardman throttle cable sachs engineRe: Ryan Ryan 07/21/00 07:48PM
  RE: Yardman throttle cable sachs engineRe: allstatemoped allstatemoped 07/25/00 11:15PM
  RE: Yardman throttle cable sachs engineRe: beth mishko beth mishko 09/19/00 12:54AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account