Mileage on a moped?

How many miles can you put on a moped? I cant find out that information anywhere. Anyone know?

Re: Mileage on a moped?

The Moped Gawd /

sometimes 4

Ron Brown /

Oh Great One!

Last 2 Moped Army bbqs. 180 miles round trip, 2 peds first time, 3 peds second time (2 days, 1.4 gals gas/ped, 1 flat tire, 5 ccs Preparation H).

Does anyone know what happened to Preparations A - G?

... and you were invited!

Q: How many miles can you put on a moped?

A: All of them!

Q: How many miles can you put on a moped?

A: All of them!

Re: Kind of a broad question aint it?

you mean in a lifetime or on one bike or in an hour or until you get your moneys worth????????? you mean the rough life expectancy of a new moped??

My Puch has over 9000 miles on it and it still runs strong. Most older peds say they have like 400 miles or something rediculous, but they really have way more, because those speedo cables break, and people don't replace them. With simple maintence, you can make a moped engine run forever. Plus, it is relatively inexpensive to replace engine parts.

Ron Brown /

You guys bring women into everything. : )

Who's bringing the women? :)

Ron Brown /

Chris,

You need to get out more. : )

"broad"

Ron

kilometers on a moped?

gimmyjimmy /

you can find this information anytime day or night by looking between the handlebars at the round instrument with numbers on it.

the miles will vary depending on your destination and if you return from where you started.

hope this helps.

Re: kilometers on a moped?

i had a ped engine with 31,000 miles on it. the engine only died because i put a big bore kit on it. well what do you mean by last... a top end could last a good 15000 miles with no rebuild. a bottom end could last 50,000 miles if treated with care. but if you had a moped that was babied so much it might last 100,000 miles. but no one that has posted here has rolled the odometer.

-mike

Re:Cris needs to get out more!!!?!?!?

The term "broad" as referring to women went out with black and white TVjust before it was "dames" where to you live ?? underground??

Re:Cris needs to get out more!!!?!?!?

I have heard it once before, on television I think.

Not yet, no..

Reeperette /

The odometer on my Targa is something over 20,000 - and it's the first odometer that lasted more than 4,000-6,000 miles.

Right around the first tire change, mosta the moped OEM speedo/odometers just simply die, and I mainly never bother replacing them, I figure it's been where I been and goes as fast as it does..yanno?

-R

Re: Not yet, no..

chuck russo (VA) /

i have just under 4000 miles on my 87 tomos top tank i think there is alot more on there and i think the owner befor me turned back the miles on it i have personally put over 1000 miles on it in like 5 monthes

I learned it on......

.....TV watching `McHale's Navy' and `The Three Stooges'.Somethin' like; `Hey,Toots!' and `What a Broad'.Stay away from terms like `Nag' and `Battleaxe' though.Unless you,like me,have replaced all wooden rolling pins with plastic ones in the kitchen.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account