moped magizine!!

hi all, i posted a message awhile back to see if anybody heard of a ped magizine. i was wondering if simon or anyone has thought or heard of one. just think it would be a great idea. thanks.....................

Re: moped magizine!!

Crisis--Cincinnati /

I think we (moped army members) should start one! We would have plenty of writers, and photos. We would need someone who has a printing press, and would have to get some sort of distro, but I think it would be possible. I am sure someone has thought of it before. Let's wait for some old schoolers to post.

Swarm and Destroy!

Chris

Re: moped E-magazine!!

A more cost-effective methoud would be an E-zine. We could reach more people, and besides, we wouldn't be doing it for profit, but for MOPEDS--

I'm certain that Simon would link it from the front page, and this site gets a TON of monthly traffic.

A more cost-effective methoud would be an E-zine. We could reach more people, and besides, we wouldn't be doing it for profit, but for MOPEDS--

I'm certain that Simon would link it from the front page, and this site gets a TON of monthly traffic.

Yeah, that would be cool too, and easier and cheaper, but the problem is that most people think of e zines as junk mail.

I beleive that there is a british publication for small motorcycles/mopeds called Buzzing or something like that- came across their website several days ago.

Re: moped magazine!!

We have talked about doing that in the past, and i wouldn't be surprised if something like that comes out someday. A printed magazine just has another feel to it the a webpage. There was a magazine called Moped Magazine in the 70's. i have tried in the past to get ahold of a few copies of it, but i have had no luck so far.

dan

moped army

swarm and destroy

Ryan,

I posted about that magazine a few days ago-- I'd like to get ahold of a copy, and see if it is still made.

Author: Wayne (---.maine.rr.com)

Date: 12-23-01 15:18

Attachment: arc0254a.jpg

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pattle/nacc/arcindex.htm

This is an awesome link. Wow-- Really a great moped resource, and it mentions a magazine called "Buzzing" which seems to be a moped publication. Here's a great old pic I found there.

E-magazine Brainstorming

Hey Crisis,

To play the devils advocate, how do you know what 'most people' think?

:)

Unless an E-zine is 'spammed' into my inbox, I wouldn't think it was junk.

The big difference between an E-zine and Junk newsletters is that you need to go to a site to read the E-zine, where a newsletter will span into your inbox--

I would assume once the initial HTML page was done, the monthly updates wouldn't be too hard. Maybe do it bi-monthly, so there's no 'deadline' heat.

Let's do some brainstorming-- what 'features' would it have? what columns would it contain?

I think this is a great idea, and if we were able to get a decent E-zine going, it would be that much easier to sell and publish a real magazine. I'm an English major, and I write all the time-- I certainly would be glad to contribute in any way I could.

Fred's Corner:

A spotlight about old mopeds, and why they were/are so cool,

Ree's Tips on staying alive

(Speaking of, where is Ree-- been a few days with no posts-- kind of unusual--I thought He'd be all over that 'snow tire' thread.)

Yours

Wayne

buzzing

Try www.buzzing.org/buzzing.htm

Re: buzzing

Crisis--cincinnati /

Wayne, There is just something special about a real magazine, something that an e zine could never have.

I totally agree with you-- do you think there is enough moped news to keep a publication going? I have to look fairly hard to find any moped news, and it's usually kind of grim or totally silly.

In America, where there are fewer mopeds sold (due to restrictions) it's even harder to get 'new' news.

I wish there were a way to make the magazine appeal to the moped crowd as well as the person who might be considering it.

What about an Army-specific magazine--?

also, perhaps thinking of doing a 'series' of issues instead of a monthly publication would be a good start--- you know the "moped chronicle" series #1, issue 1-4

At least then we could develop a format, get used to tying it all together, and see what works and what doesn't .

I'm serious about doing this in one form or another-- let me know what you think.

i think you all have good ideas. wayne i hope you can get it going. it would make more people happy then you think.............

Simon King /

I just got a copy of Moped Magazine on eBay. I had to pay way to much for it, but I'm really excited. I've been treating this like the Holy Grail of moped items for years - yet have never been able to find one.

It's from January 1978, and is entitled, "1978, The Year of the Moped".

gimmyjimmy /

throw a pic of the cover up for us.

glad to hear you won the bid simon! i thought of you when i saw it right away.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account