Update on tomos problem and new problem :(

Alright well I got the fuel to flow good thru the fuel line but the new problem is I have no spark. I took the spark out to test for a spark...I sparked like 2-3 times strongly but then it didnt spark at all. I then took my spark plug out of my batavus and tried to see a spark...It wouldn't for a few seconds and then it sparked once and it was very weak, do you think I need a new ignition?

Re: Update on tomos problem and new problem :(

sounds like a short or bad plugs

gimmyjimmy /

if it has points, clean and adjust them.

Did you try a new spark plug? Do that before you go crazy trying to figure it out.

I didnt try a new plug...I do plan on doing that tomorrow but it didnt spark with my batavus plug either...so thats probably a bad sign...err i dont want to spend 70 on a new ignition. I'll look at the connections...any one where I might be able to get an electrical diagram. Thanks again

I'm pretty sure what is wrong now...The plug wire that goes into the black box(ignition) it was staying in there by a a screw that someone screwed into the hole with the wire...How do they connect in there?

gimmyjimmy /

some coils have a screw inside the hole where the plug wire goes,

cut off about 1/4 inch of the plug wire tip so it has a better connection when you screw in the coil (black box)

some plug wires just snap in the holes, but most screw in.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account