Jawa Moped 49cc

jesse_Weir /

I finally put my Jawa 49cc moped together.... me and my dad got it from a guy at the dump... he was going to throw it away.... the only thing that was wrong with it was the kid that had used it like dirt-bike so the frame and the back tire unit was really bent up.... me and my dad ordered all the stuff to put it together... and fix it... we fixed the frame and the tire.. we just never put back on the carb or the feul line assemble.... well the other day i was borewd so i put it back together.... and after cleaning out the carb and re sealing it and then cleaning out the feul line... i got it running... its goes pretty good.. goes out 28 on flat land..... my problem is i dont have a manual.... and i want it to go a little faster.... So i have a moped thats made in hungary and its hard to find parts for it? Any of you guys got any tips or stuff i can do to make it go faster? or wear i can contact that company? I would really appricate that a lot.. Thnx

jesse

RE: Jawa Moped 49cc

allstatemoped /

Congrats on putting a beat up machine back on the road! I did the same when I was young, and it makes you appreciate it a lot more than if you just buy a new one( and it costs a lot less). I was riding in the late 70's and early 80's when most of these were new (my allstate was old then and much the same story as your jawa). The Jawa was not the fastsest moped when they were new, and it should make you proud to know that when new the performance was much the same as you describe. If you link around to other web sites you will probably find a lot of advice on how to get more power. Just remember, more power = more breakage, as parts are pushed to the limit, and some of the advice may wreck your engine without so much as a .01 HP increase. So be wary, check out any advice with your dad and on other bulliten boards before start making a lot of modifications. Good luck and happy motoring!

rodney beese /

if your jawa is from the mid to late seventies, i have a factory hop up for it. it comes with a new carb and sprocket. nos check with your dad and e mail me.

Congratulations on reviving the Jawa! You were wrong in one thing: Jawas have always been manufactured in Czech Republic, not in Hungary. This is Eastern Europe but different countries.

Rodney, do you still have that speed kit for the Jawa moped

Re: Jawa Moped 49cc

Jamie Leonard /

There really isn't much for the Jawa in terms of performance parts as I understand it (I have a 1987 jawa 2 speed myself as my backup moped) They're good machines though, little roomier than most mopeds and pretty well built in general - best thing to do is just to keep the carb clean, clean out the exhaust if you haven't done it, keep the tire pressure at optimum (that take away from speed a fair bit just from having low tire pressure)

Michael Mountcastle /

I need a canister style coil for 1988 jawa automatic 130. Its 4 volt. I cant find one anywhere. Thanks michael

I have a perfect moped with this one flaw I really need this part.

Michael Mountcastle /

I need a canister style coil for 1988 jawa automatic 130. Its 4 volt. I cant find one anywhere. Thanks michael

I have a perfect moped with this one flaw I really need this part.

I revived an 87 210 like Jamie's and the guy who's got it now is getting 41mph on hills, 38 on the flats.

hey man

i gotta owners manuel for a jawa 210.....i think its the same

as the moped you got running....

call me at 816-822-9367.....i don*t check this site often

enough to reply in a timely mannner

I have a 1977 jawa transistor 40 moped that I'm cleaning to ride around town. It was the one I bought for $65 but was actually in very good mechanical condition. the only part that is missing (and I need) is a bearing for the rear wheel, and possibly a new tranzimo type coil. It's a really nice machine. It hasn't been my top priority so I haven't really done much in the way of getting it back on the road yet.

Someone gave me a jawa moped transistor 40 and it does not run. For starters does anyone know what the spark plug gap should be.

Iam looking for a drive belt for a Jawa 49cc moped any help would be appreciated

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account