BALL BEARINGS, MAGNUM FORKS

any body know how many ball bearings the magnum forks are supposed to have? i bought a pair and i dont want to put them on until i know i got enough, i counted them and they turned out an odd no. so i wasnt sure

Re: BALL BEARINGS, MAGNUM FORKS

I have just put these on my mkII forks in the last month luckly these are common bearings unlike the maxi ones you can buy them at any good bike shop for about 3.00 dollars each.They use 3/16" inch bearing balls which are0.187" in diameter.the maxi uses smaller 5/32" inch balls just ask the guy at the bike shop for 1 inch head set bearings.I have my old set lying in my garage I'll count them tommorow for you it's a little late now.HTH.Jim

Yeah if i remember it was something like 7 balls with the cage.I'll count them for sure in the am.Jim

My mistake I just went out and got my orginal bearing it's 15 balls that are 3/16" in diameter I hope this helps.make sure you put them in the correct way around it's the oppitite of what you think.Jim

retainer faces up on the bottom, and faces down on the top. Just make sure bearings are against the cup on either end of the stearing tube on the frame..

Standard 1" bicycle headset?

I'm trying to save the hassle of dragging my half built ped with a broken hand to the bike shop.

bump?

Loose balls uncaged work good for headsets. Just put a full crowd in and take one out. More balls mean less bearing load.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account