transmission fluid

anyone know what type of tranny fluid to put in a 1979 Kreidler mp-19? my tansmission is kinda making this weird ticking sound... could this be anything else? on one of the kreidler websites, it just said something about "make sure you fill the transmission with oil".. hmmm...

casey

Re: transmission fluid

brian away /

In my Sachs manual, they refer to "transmission oil" which is of course tranny fluid. But yeah, they call it "oil" repeatedly. Mercon-Dextron is what they recommend. I'd go with that.

Crisis--cincinnati /

Yeah, that Kreidler looks really similar to a sachs, but who knows?

brian: of course.. thanks!

crisis: not me!

LOL

i think .. i think ... sachs uses type f transmission fluid, like puch, right? if so ... maybe kreidler (also german) uses the same?

Crisis--cincinnati /

That is what I was getting at Miguel.

crisis: Yeah, that Kreidler looks really similar to a sachs, but who knows?

miguel: i think .. i think ... sachs uses type f transmission fluid, like puch, right? if so ... maybe kreidler (also german) uses the same?

crisis: That is what I was getting at Miguel.

---------------------------------------------------------------

casey: what!? hahahaha...

Yeah, not really getting an answer are ya casey! hehe

call akron mopeds and ask for maz. he knows kreidler and has a good impression on them.

awesome, thanks miguel...

his name is Maz? or did you mis-type Max? =]

it's maz. m-a-z. he's british. a really cool guy all around. tell him the moped army sent you.

Yeah,just talked to Maz the other day when I ordered a windshield.He's really nice and helpful too.Got to talk to chanan@megsinet.com (chuck212 on e-bay) also.Very nice guy I've bought several parts off of.

Don, How many windshields you got now? :)

Well,I expected to have 3 by a few days ago.But Maz at Akron Moped informed me last night that they had lost(misplaced) the mounting hardware for the last one so I've got 2(one mounted,one in the box).At least they hadn't charged my credit card yet.So I'll probably not be able to report on the one I told Paul and everybody about until I return from vacation around the 6th or later.IF we decide positively to go.(:>)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account