Helmet advice for kids

Well,as a few of you know,I just acquired a nice Kawasaki bicycle with a 1.2 HP friction roller drive for my 11 yr.old son.Anybody out there that would suggest what type of helmet,reasonably priced,that would be light enough for him and yet protect him at 20mph?I'm putting a smaller drive roller on it which will slow it down for him.He'll be riding along with me on city streets and back alleys.Would a regular bicycle helmet be sufficient?Opinions are much valued here.THANKS!

Re: Helmet advice for kids

Don,

I have some new kids helmets that are real helmets not toys! They have price stickers on them for $49.95 .I will sell you one for $25.00. I have 1 small and 2 or 3 medium. Black and white. I can a pic if you need?

Sounds like you better wear your helmet and watch out for F-150`s !!! Teach your son early on, to watch out for the other guy!!

Ike

Sounds good Ike! How much total with shipping?Do you take `paypal'?Get back with me quick if you can.I'll be offline after 6:50 tonight `til Mon.eve..(I'd say a medium in a kid's size).His bike is so bright green,I think maybe neon green or white or I guess red or yellow would work.Blue would look wrong though,I think.Could give me your phone number and address and store hours?THANKS!

Sorry.Ike,I missed the helmet color you stated.WHITE would be fine.

Ike:

If you have more than one for sale, could you post a picture of them? My daughter rides on the back of my moped with a bike helmet but if these are more substantial I may be interested in one also.

Kerry

Kerry

I only have 3 left. They are all medium kids. I have new face sheilds that snap on.

They are brand new but they have some minor shelf blemishes. I have 2 white and 1 black. i only have one visor left like in the pic.

P1010001.jpg

The helmets have blemishes, the face sheilds are perfect in the original wrapper.

Don

You are talking about your kid here. I would recommend a full face helmet. Protects the head and the face. What do you see the professional dirt bikers wearing?

Bell Helmets used to have an AD, If you have a $25 head, buy a $25 helmet.

Nuff said.

Crisis--cincinnati /

it isn't a 25 dollar helmet, it is a 50 dollar helmet for 25 dollars. :)

It's not the cost,Bob.I am just not going to turn him loose on this little bike.I had a roller installed which will not let the bike exceed 20mph.I'll be right in front of him all the time on my moped.He'll have all the elbow,knee,and wrist supports on like he's skateboarding,and I doubt he ever tops 15mph to tell you the truth.He's a timid little guy,not prone to risk-taking like some young-uns.Thanks for your concern.I appreciate it.

Ike,set a white medium kid's size helmet back for me and I'll pick it up,o.k.?By the time you shipped it,I probably would miss it in the mail.I'll e-mail you shortly.Thanks!

Don,

Ok, I will Save you the helmet, no problem!

Ike:

I'd like one also for my daughter. I'm going out of town early Thurs and won't be back until 1/14. If you can tell me how much you need to include shipping, and your address, I can send you a check. If you get this message, you could e-mail me.

Kerry

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account