Sachs decompression

My friends and I have a little debate going, sort of. On my Sachs Westlake, there is a lever on the right side under the handle bar grip. They say, it is supposed to be the decompression cable, and I say, it is the choke. The cable from this lever is connect to my airbox, and when I pull it, it chokes the carb. These guys are trying to tell me that someone has it setup wrong. I disagree. The decompression cable is hooked up to my clutch, and when I engage the clutch, it automatically engages the decompression. Is that how Sachs mopeds are always setup. My friend Amy has a Hercules, (same exact as the Sachs Balboa), and she has a lever in the same spot too. They told her that it was a decompression lever, but I say it's a choke. Who's correct on this. Thanks.

P.S. Brian and Casey, I got nothing but love for you, but I want to settle this once and for all. :)

Swarm and Destroy,

Chris

Re: Sachs decompression

your friends are right and you are TERRIBLY wrong.

TERRIBLY WRONG!

Really? How so?

I would like another opinion please. :)

My Sachs parts bike is not a Westlake,but the decomp lever is on the left.I don't know if I've got a choke lever on it.

Tell your friends to shut the hell up you are right. On my westlake the little lever even has choke written on it.

There isn't a way to activate the decompression valve without going thru and to the clutch. If this is how yours is set up, congradulations, it's the first time I've ever heard of it not beeing totally screwed up....For some reason, pinheads always get ahold of a sachs and ruin the set up, and it runs shitty for them.

Don't take any lip, man.

swarm and destroy

Hello Chris, I own 5 sachs mopeds, you are correct the decompression cable is on the left and fed through into the clutch. whereas the right side lever is only for the choke, Your friends are ignorant and you are right. Problem solved, debate ended.

Chad

ahh it's you... I always wondered who it was that got those auctions on ebay. I'm just glad to see that you actually have mopeds, and are on this forum. I thought it was a sachs shop secretly hording parts....;)

It's all in good fun.

Mike

Crisis--Cincinnati /

I am not mad at them dude. :) They are my pals. But it is nice to be right! hehe

Crisis--Cincinnati /

Okay, ignorant is a strong, strong word. Remeber, I love these guys, they are my freinds, and members of the moped army. :)

Crisis--Cincinnati /

For real, it's lociousboy, or whatever! I am totally glad that you post here. I thought it was just some dick buying up all of the mopeds and reselling them.

chad likes to hoard mopeds. ;-) ... he's in a decepticon from kzoo ... but he does seem to have too many mopeds. :-(

but chad knows his mopeds and i remember also hearing that some sachs (if not all) have manual chokes.

your friends are dumb!! ;-) just kidding. i don't think any other mopeds have chokes in the handlegrips. so it'd make sense to think it was a decompression cable. but ... if the cable goes to the choke ... then why even ask? ;-)

hey right is right, and if you can't give your friends a little hell, what's the point?;)

I was never wrong!

brian away /

It's loquacious boy, from ebay! You bid on a lot of the Sachs stuff I do.

I sould really dumb for asking this, because I always mix them up, but what is the lever I hold, when I'm pedaling my Sachs, to start it. Choke? Clutch? I know it's not the decompression. I don't know actually. I always forget which one that is. I just know it's not the "carb" lever : )

What was the disagreement again? I never really remember taking an official viewpoint on anything.

; )

I'm going to bed!

Moped Expert Smith /

Your friends are obviously right! You are so wrong. Listen to your friends. Also, sell that Westlake to Brian and Casey, they would like to have it.

Another thing, stop making your moped so fast, Brian and Casey are going bankrupt trying to keep up.

p.s. you are wrong!

Re: I was never wrong!

Brian! I've been trying to reach you to ask if you have ever found, or have to sell,any Motomarina Sebring or Motobecane Sebring parts.I would have written but I didn't know your e-mail address.

Brian, I am not sure if you even knew that I disagreed with you guys. You told me my bike was setup wrong, and I just didn't say anything. Then I did a little research, and found out, that Sachs mopeds have the Decompression/Clutch, as one, on the left, that you start with, and the choke lever on the right. They have a decompression release mechanism that attaches to the clutch cable. So you don't really have a lever, just for decompression, you have a clutch, with a decompression release mechanism. :) The carb doesn't have a choke plate in them, or the stick comming out of the top, like the bing carbs for Puchs, because they are choked by that lever on the right. I didn't mean to turn this into, "bash the person who is wrong" forum. I was just trying to get the facts. I love you phillips. :) Swarm and Destroy

chris

don, I know casey has some Motobecane parts, but they are for a 51v. It's been in my garage for a couple weeks now, and I see it everyday. :)

Miguel, they just thought mine might be setup wrong. Easy mistake, because brians sachs, doesn't have the choke lever hooked up, so he assumed that it was a decompression cable. We are all still learning as buy different mopeds, with differnt setups. The cincinnati branch is growing everyday. Emily just got that sweet Kriedler from beagle for X-mas. :) we are rolling deep. I think we are at 9 now!

Yeah,Crisis! The MOTOBECANE Sebring is a totally different animal than the Motobecane 51V.The Sebring looks exactly like the Motomarina Sebring except it usually has the MO2 engine whereas the Motomarina has the Minarelli or Morini single speed usually.The 51V is a nice bike though.I owned a Moby,but sold it last year to a Frenchman who was glad to get it.

like, whoa.

Hey, I've been trying to get ahold of casey without any luck, I am interested in the motobecane 51 engine and exhaaust, if you have the chance email me.

Which engine on the sebring do you need parts for, I have both parts for the minarelli, the M01, M02, and M0 engines for the franco morini. I too have a sebring. As well as other mopeds that use the Franco morini engines.

I was not aware I was so infamous... lol.

don't sell chad any more mopeds. he has 30+. seriously. we have lots of friends who desperately want mopeds ... but chad hoards them all. :-(

arghh!

hey chad!

well, i DO have the exhaust for the 51V... but you called me ignorant (im one of chris's friends in question)...

its a shame, too... that exhaust is PERFECT! all shiny and clean... haha... =]

i think i may just fix up that motobecane myself anyways now.. its starting to clean up pretty well and i got the engine unseized and whatnot... i really dont need much more than a carb and chains and belts.. and time... and time... oh, and a head gasket.

casey

Crisis--cincinnati /

you tell him buddy! :)

Hey,Chad! Glad you answered.I'm specifically looking for another MO2 engine complete if possible,with good gears and clutch.I want to mount it on my 3rd Motomarina Sebring.Do you have one?If so,what condition is it in and where are you located?There are also a few body parts I would like.The plastic fairings that run from the engine to the rear wheel ?Thanks!

Wait,Miguel! I want Chad to hoard only Sebrings.Is that O.K.?Somebody's gotta keep us in parts.Get thirty more Chad! All Sebrings!Don't listen to Miguel.He's let his emotions over dying `peds cloud his judgment.Too bad.

Hey casey, I said ignorant, not stupid. Ignorance is not knowing any better. If you are up to selling the parts let me know. thanks,

Chad

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account