sachs 505 electrics help

steve morse /

anyone know if you can run a sachs 505 engine without the battery? can you wire right from stator plate to the coil? I am trying to build a cafe racer moped, so I don't need any lights. If anyone knows how to accomplish this please let me know.

Steve Morse

Re: sachs 505 electrics help

Generally speaking a battery on a 2 stroke is only used for a regulator, if the lights come on with out the motor running than this may or may not be the case, if the lights only come on witht the motor running than with out the battery theyll probably blow out anyway...........hope this helps ,,,Rog

steve morse /

what i really want to know is, what do the 3 wires coming off the stator do? I know yellow is for lighting, the solid blue and blue/black somehow work the ignition but I don't know how...ideas anyone?

Thanks

Steve

Just run it wothout the battery. loose the wires and the lights.

My westlake has the 3-wire set up like you are describing (yellow blue and black). I'll look tonight and see how the wires are hooked up.

Plus, I want to see a cafe racer witha Sachs 505 engine. Sounds like fun.

Ok I've been staring at it for a while now, It is a 3 wire with monoplat stamped in the side

The blue wire is hooked to 2 other blue wires. one goes to the end of the coil, and the other goes to the kill switch. It grounds out the blue wire to kill the moped.

The black wire is the ground, which is attached to a metal area of the coil.

I think that is the minimum for a race- type set up. The rest of the wires are for the lights and switches.

HTH

Mike

steve morse /

thanks. this will definately help me. I am including a picture of the Sachs project so far...

Steve

sachs.jpg

nice bike. It looks like you'r just starting in on it.... How fast have you gotten it so far?

Is that the stock muffler?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account