I'm frosted.

Hey,Everybody! Duck sent me an E-mail to let me know that the little screw I taped into a business envelope and sent him never made it.The point is:The Post Office removed it apparently and then re-sealed the letter and mailed it to him empty.Never mind I painstakingly cut a longitudinal groove with a hacksaw into that thing.THIS IS NOT RIGHT !! That's stealing in my book! Anything I can do?It's not a big bolt.It's just the little cable adjusting screw that fits into the brake fixture on the handlebar.This really `boils my oil' !!

Re: I'm frosted.

Don,

I just sent a roller bearing to a guy the same way!! I hope it gets there? I can understand some tighter security but i dont see any threat in 1 screw??

brian away /

One time I sent someone some non-replaceable photographs through the mail, and I got a call, saying "yeah, I got the envelope from you, but it was open, and there was nothing in it..."

The postal service gets stuff right most of the time, but when they don't.... arrrgh.

when in doubt, use ups or fedex. but ... if you use a thicker padded envelope that needs to be stapled shut, those seem to go through well.

one time i received a letter from a friend of mine that had the words "I HATE MAIL CARRIERS" written on it in huge red letters. his thinking was that they have to deliver it no matter what, and wanted to "push the envelope"... no pun intended.

ok, the pun was intended. im sorry.

i know this doesnt have anything to do with anything, and is totally mean. but it was funny, nonetheless.

Ron Brown /

Don,

Standard envelopes are all run through the "disintegrator/sorter" by the post office. Anything with a lump of any kind in it will be trashed.

Miguel has the right idea, but the post office can even trash a padded envelope.

A hard cardboard diskette mailer envelope may survive better than padded but you need to provide support around anything that provides a small pressure point in the envelope.

Ron

Ron

Re: I sent a jet in the mail once

Not a 747, but it was a carb jet which I put between two pieces of corrugated cardboard and put that in a padded envelope.

Not only did the guy receive it, he used he same method to send it back. Just put my address on the envelope.

Jim

Well,Guys,I reiterate that it's a shame they can STEAL something from you and go ahead and RESEAL the envelope and send it forward.Now if they're RESEALING it,why can't the lazy louts PUT the little adjusting bolt BACK in there.I had it taped securely with packaging tape.I get off work in the A.M. and I have friends in the P.O.,and I WILL get to the bottom of this theft,if I can.It's the principle that I believe your mail is YOURS,until it is received by the person you gave it to.Why,then,would we need return addresses,if the P.O. can arbitrarily confiscate your property?Hmmmm? `STILL frosted'

im a mexican mail carrier so fuck you all bizholes amigos

Well guess what?? The bearing didn`t make it!!!

See,Ike,I wasn't crying wolf after all ! Have we got people in the Post Office thinking it's valuables(gems or something)and opening our letters?Did they send yours back to you or throw it away like they did Duck's bolt I sent him?In the last year and a half or so we've been noticing sweepstakes stuff or other envelopes(usually junk mail)that has the seal broken enough where someone could look into the envelope or take their fingers and peruse it.`Something is rotten in the State of Denmark' here,Ike!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account