HELP! flashing tomos head/tallights!

when i go to put on the right blinker on my 1990 Tomos TTLX (a3 top tank)

it triggers the head/tail lights, they flash like blinkers and the right blinker dosent, i know its a damn wiring problem but i cant find the right diagram. also, i replaced the point/condenser ignition with an early style a35 CDI type, could this have anything to do with it? every Tomos wiring diagram i see is for the older Bullet and Golden bullet, my late Golden bullet seems to have a different wiring layout than those shown. does any one have any idea where i screwed up with the wiring?

thanks for the help with the piston questions

Garret Rassulo

Re: HELP! flashing tomos head/tallights!

Reeperette /

>>also, i replaced the point/condenser ignition with an early style a35 CDI type, could this have anything to do with it?<<

Nope.

>>does any one have any idea where i screwed up with the wiring?<<

Yeah, I know exactly where.

Look down on the side of your moped, and you will see a small roundish, silver cylindrical gadget - that's a 12V flasher unit.

See them wires plugged in there ? one of em's the WRONG one.

This should (cross your fingers) be simple to fix, because if all the other lights work, then it's just a simple matter of two wires being hooked up wrong - the question is gonna be which two wires.

For sure one of the one's hooked to the flasher, you'll have to figure out the other one yourself....and switch them, then it should work fine.

I hope that helps, cause if I went into more detail I think I might confuse you.

-R

reversed wires.......

the wires on the front right hand blinker were reversed, flipping them around did the trick.

VERY slow ped.......

my Golden Bullet wont do anything over 25mph, it was able to do 35 before the rebuild, is this purely because of the new piston breaking in? or do i have a leak somewhere?

Re: VERY slow ped.......

Reeperette /

I would bet a leak, check for vacuum leakage, check for plugged exhaust, check spark plug and mixture.

-R

wrong manifold

i had the biggest vacuum leak possible as a matter of fact, using an oil injected manifold with no pump (running premix) ill order a non injected maifold from the moped junkyard, and possibly a slightly larger carb jet. good thing my late model A3 has the same Dell'orto carb they still use on the A35 & not an Encarwi like the older ones did, MUCH easier to get parts. What jet size should i order, like how much bigger than stock, i have no idea how Dellorto jet numbers are set up. i think some of the slowness may be due to the less restrictive biturbo pipe and the small stock carb jet. Also, on the NGK sparkplug website, they said their Fine Wire V series plugs were designed for magneto ignition type bikes (like most mopeds are), have any of you used this type of plug? are they as good as they claim?

thanks to all of you for putting up with all my annoying questions (i know i have a lot sorry :)

Garret

Re: wrong manifold

Reeperette /

>>Also, on the NGK sparkplug website, they said their Fine Wire V series plugs were designed for magneto ignition type bikes (like most mopeds are), have any of you used this type of plug? are they as good as they claim?<<

I've had utterly terrible experiences with NGK plugs, no matter how good - your experiences may vary...mopeds are often as individual as their owners, and two identical ones may run better with different plugs.

As for the jet, just pull it and go up one or two numbers from what you have, the BiTurbo tends to run leaner than the stock exhaust, but not greatly so.

And I like answerin folks questions, so don't concern yerself about it.

-R

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account