BMX pedals

Has anyone tried putting nice pedals on their ped. The ones on my targa lx are shit. They are black plastic and my feet slip off of them. I want to put some BMX pedals on them but i noticed they thread out like a normal bolt would (ie. lefty loosie) and i know my mountain bike is the other way around. Any ideas??

Re: BMX pedals

Bicycle petals will fit, have to get the 9/16 ones for a Tomos... works fine. Doug D.

I have nice chrome platform pedals on mine, they rock!

Tomos supplies their peds with crap pedals, went through three sets on a old beater bullet I had and then I got smart.

Plus they look better and provide superior traction in wet conditions.

Biz

Where can you get pedals to fit Tomos?? The bicycle shop here does not have any that size. Or do I have to order them? thanks for info.

Scott

Any Bicycle shop should have them (9/16) for a bicycle, there is only the 2 sizes. Cost about $10 DougD.

I didn't read the other post but most bicycles are 1/2 threads... my moped and i assume most are 9/16 you can find them at walmart but they will be for a mountian bike... if you want to replace your seat too the only big diffrence is the pipe size.. you can take the clamp and pipe from your old seat and chunk thenew clamp that comes with a new seat. :0)

i got bmx pedals for my puch, hated the black ones. they are 9/16, shorter, wider. perfect. shorter is better.not much shorter,but nice to be able to lean in turns more :)

bikes and mopeds have alot in common, right now i have bike tires and brake lever with brake wire off a bike on my moped

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account