Probably an old Babetta.

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

That moped is based off a 1968 Batavus design layout.

It might well be a Jawa Babetta 210, which is as close as I can pin it down...and I only know that cause me and Fred restored an identical one for my ex.

Jawa, Trac, and Batavus use the same engine design, or did at the time that moped was built, so you have decent parts availability except for the Carb (which is an Encarwi).

As for Value, I suppose it has some, but it's dropped off the bottom of the BlueBooks and the average offer I've seen for them is around $200, which I consider to be mildly insulting cause the 'ped is a classic design and prolly worth more (tho you wont likely GET more).

I would keep it for myself, or at least in your family by giving it to yer cousins, because it really is a sweet piece of work and very simple to repair, not to mention being based off a classic and solid design.

-R

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  What is it?!?!Topic by: Dan B. Dan B. 12/02/01 11:21PM
  Re: What is it?!?!Re: Vespalad Vespalad 12/02/01 11:47PM
  Re: What is it?!?!Re: Bob Bob 12/03/01 05:10AM
  Re: What is it?!?!Re: mike mike 12/03/01 10:51AM
  Probably an old Babetta.Re: Reeperette Reeperette 12/03/01 12:31PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account