Larger carb and intake

Hakachukai /

<HTML>Where can I order a larger carb and intake for a 97 Tomos Targa online. What is the largest carb that the 49cc engine will run with? If I get a larger carb and intake, do I need to have to intake port enlarged as well?</HTML>

RE: Larger carb and intake

<HTML> PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT. I AM DOING ALL THE WORK ON MY 78 PINTO, I HAVE FOUND A LOT OF THINGS THAT WILL, AND WON'T WORK. LUCKY I WORK AT A MACH. SHOP. IT'S HAD TO SPEND THE NIGHT THERE BEFORE.

</HTML>

RE: Larger carb and intake

<HTML>Get a carb and intakemanifol as large as the intakeportal of the carter, a larger carb and intake wouldn't have a better effect. Enlarging the intakeportal of the carter would help, but you'll have to be very carefull not to get any iron filing inside the engine. Enlarging the intakeportals of the cylinder also helps, but mind the iron filings and only widen the intakeportals, don't change their height.

P.S. I'd leave the intakeportal on the carter alone, if you ruin it you can throw the engine away. Also the risk of iron filing grinding away your crankshaft is not very appealing.</HTML>

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account